The porter has the main responsibility to enhance the customers experience and exceed guest exceptions by providing them with an outstanding first and last impression.JOB SUMMARY
His main duty is to drive guests around the resort using club cars/rickshaws carefully and in line with Hotel’s policies and regulations. He is also responsible to deliver messages, luggage and parcels to guests.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- At all times offer graceful, personalized and caring service towards all guests as you are an ambassador of the Constance Halaveli service philosophy
- At all times exhibit good posture and an elegant demeanor, and speak in a polite and attentive manner
- Always address the guests with their name, keeping eye contact and smiling
- At all times take ownership of guest requests and do not refer guests elsewhere
- At all times adhere to the grooming and etiquette standards of the resort
- Always display punctuality and good attendance as an act of responsibility towards the guest service and towards your colleagues
- Always be courteous, considerate, supportive and respectful towards other team members of FO and rest of the resort. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Ensure to keep yourself updated with the role of FO in Fire, Tsunami and First Aid standards, through trainings
- Attend all the trainings that you are assigned to within your department or on a resort level
- Work Duties:
- Responsible for handling arrival guest luggage properly and as per resort SOP, efficiently and as per the resort standards
- Ensures safety and security of guest belongings during the transfer to and from villas
- Ensure prompt and efficient collection of guest luggage from guest Villa and responsible for the same until guest departure.
- Responsible for tagging and cleaning luggage on arrival, as well as on departure.
- Responsible for transportation of guests throughout the resort in coordination with Reception and Guest Relations Hosts
- Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of the Front Office buggies
- Co-ordinate maintenance schedule for guest buggies with Engineering in conjunction with Guest Service Assistant.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication channels with the guest through prompt and efficient delivery of messages, faxes, and parcels
- Responsible for the efficient, clean, safe and hygienic maintenance of all Front Office areas including the Lobby, Arrival Jetty, Luggage Room and the Back Office Areas.
- Responsible for the proper use, cleanliness and maintenance of luggage trolleys used in Water Villa area
- Read daily reports and keeps updated on arrivals, departures and guests in house.
- Keep updated on all activities and special events within the resort
- Ensure resort SOP’s on Porter duties are followed at all times
- If required by GRM, FDM or FOM, on certain occasions, escort guests going on excursions off the resort premises