The Chef de Cuisine is the direct assistant of the Executive Sous Chef and is the third in command. He/she has the main responsibility to manage, control and to supervise the Kitchen team area assigned to him/her. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Understands fully the concepts of “autonomy versus independence” and aims at managing the staff outlet as if it was a personal business.
· Ensures that all culinary colleagues, deliver brand promise and provide exceptional guest service service at all times
· Proposes menus and ideas of dishes for the outlet to the Executive Chef, in accordance with the principles of the Culinary Spirit of Constance Hotels Experience, the concepts of the restaurants and the yearly action plan.
· Ensures that all food served in the outlet respects CLS standards, in terms of quality, taste, portioning, presentation and variety.
· Supervises the production of recipes and costing for all dishes and preparations
· Personally, control staff rosters, attendances, and all staff related issues in the outlet. Must inform the Executive Sous Chef of any serious HR issue in the outlet and work in close relation with him to coordinate all staff related issues.
· Ensures that outlet is covered with sufficient staffing at all necessary time.
· Monitor closely the motivation and productivity of the outlet kitchen team members. Suggest initiatives to improve stability and motivation of the team.
· Ensures team members in the outlet respect the roster and the shifts, and ensures that control of presence is done accurately.
· Supervises all the technical training related to the outlet, including use of equipment. Produces all relevant documents related to training matters.
· Manages the Local Leave plan for all employees of the outlet, in close collaboration with the Executive Sous Chef
· Ensures that all outlet team members follow kitchen P&Ps and SOPs and respect CLS procedures.
- Ensures that the outlet kitchen is complying with the safety and security rules of the resort and the country. Ensures that all outlet kitchen team members are fully aware of fire safety procedures and evacuation routes.
- Ensures that objectives are met in terms of score at hygiene inspections for the outlet, and that HACCP standards are followed with consistency.
- Assists the Executive Chef in ensuring that all dishes and menus in the staff outlet are supported by CLS standard “technical data sheet”, with picture, and that information is easily available in the relevant outlets.
- Follow-up maintenance issues and ensures that the investment is preserved at all time
- Diploma in Food Production /A Culinary Diploma/degree from a recognised hospitality school preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in culinary operations.
- Enjoys being creative with an eye for detail
- Is an "Outside the box" thinker and has "can-do" attitude
- Prior experience as Chef De Cuisine in fine dining is preferred.
- Experience in All Day Dining/ Buffet Restaurant and IRD
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety and hygiene procedures
- The level of service given while focusing intensely on the guest satisfaction
- Effective communication skills and pleasant personality are a must