Descripción de empleo
Student Work Experience Program (SWEP) - Front of House Opportunities, May to October 2022
Combine valuable work experience with an energetic, fun lifestyle in Canada’s most breathtaking resorts! If you are talented, motivated and enrolled in a culinary program, Student Work Experience Program (SWEP) is your opportunity to relate your classroom study to the day-to-day operations of our incredible resorts.
Apply online by February 28, 2022. Early submissions are strongly encouraged!
Fairmont Chateau Whistler is now recruiting for the following SWEP Front of House Opportunities:
- Food & Beverage Server's Assistant
- Fairmont Gold Attendant
- Health Club Attendant
- Guest Service Attendant
What’s in it for you:
- Employee accommodation available
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Currently enrolled in a hospitality/tourism or food & beverage program
- Must be returning to school or have a requirement to complete a co-op prior to graduation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Physical aspects include but are not limited to:
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, and lifting
Your team and working environment:
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 519 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Visit our website to learn more about what Fairmont Chateau Whistler as to offer- https://www.whistler-jobs.ca/
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London’s The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world’s largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world! We encourage you to visit www.jobs.accor.com to learn more!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Otros empleos sugeridos
- Internship - Retail & Resort ExperiencesScottsdale, AZ, United States
- Hotel InternshipSan Francisco, CA, United States
- Internship - Culinary CookScottsdale, AZ, United States
- Digital and communication apprentice – Southern Europe H/FIssy-les-Moulineaux, France
- Apprenti Cuisine H/FLyon, France