Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Employer of Choice:
“The reason for our success is no secret. It comes down to one single principle that transcends time and geography, religion, and culture. It’s the Golden Rule – the simple idea that if you treat people well, the way you would like to be treated, they will do the same.” – Isadore Sharp, Founder and Chairman Four Seasons Hotels and ResortsAbout Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts:
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us. At Four Seasons, our company values are much more than a program or a policy; they define who we are and inform the decisions we make. The company's guiding principle is the Golden Rule, and as such Four Seasons strives to have a long-lasting, positive influence on the communities where we operate and on the people we employ and serve around the world.Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail:
At the foot of Vail Mountain, you'll find Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, a contemporary landmark luxury hotel graced with European flair. Outside, peaked roofs draw their inspiration from the Gore mountain range, while inside, a light-filled ambience beckons. Nearby, alpine trails await.
Located in the heart of Vail Village, the Resort offers 121 spacious, well-appointed guest rooms and suites; an award winning full-service spa; a renowned mountain steakhouse, Flame; and a lively food and cocktail hotspot, The Remedy.
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail has received the industry’s most sought-after accolades, including Forbes Four-Star rating for the Resort.Career Opportunity:
The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees, people who share a single focus and are inspired to provide exceptional service. Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career with global potential. Passionate Four Seasons professionals ensure that every experience is unlike another, and every guest is the most important person in the room.Catering and Events Coordinator- Full Time, Regular:
Responsible for providing administrative support to the Catering and Events team as well as handling events (internal and external) as assigned by the Director. Must be familiar with all aspects of the catering planning process to assist in the organizing/execution of events and act as a liaison with the end user. Responsibilities:
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Receive and respond to incoming telephone calls/e-mails to the Catering and Events Department in accordance with Four Seasons Standards, and assist with overflow for Sales & Marketing.
- Prepare accurate written correspondence including letters, proposals, contracts, reports, banquet event orders, schedule of events, printed menus, and emails using MS Suite (Word, Excel, PP), Golden Sales & Catering (Delphi), Opera and Outlook.
- Maintain Golden Sales & Catering (Delphi) accounts, including traces, creating and updating bookings, manipulating events in the function diary and the preparation of banquet event orders.
- Distribute Special Event Services correspondence to the resort operating departments as required. Examples: Amenity Cards, Resume, Change Log and Banquet Events Orders.
- Update daily, the electronic database of reports on the appropriate networks.
- Maintain the various Special Events Services file systems, both electronic and paper, including Account Files, Vendor Resource Files and Resumes.
- Operate a variety of electronic and manual office resources, including but not limited to printers and multi-function copy/scan machines.
- Conduct property tours and entertain planners of meetings, social events, and weddings.
- Negotiate with clients with creative and attractive menu presentations and event proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs.
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Maintain an active trace/follow-up system. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary, head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event. Prepare a monthly booking report.
- Respond according to the crisis management plan to any resort emergency or safety situation.
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for sales and marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Events and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments. Understand capabilities and limitations of event spaces and resort facilities to provide resourceful options between client, third party vendors and internally.
- Ensure all food & beverage revenues and covers are properly inputted into Golden Sales & Catering and fully inform Director of Events/Events Services of major changes to food & beverage revenues and covers due to drop in attendance or canceled meal periods. Input meal functions into Golden Sales & Catering with covers as soon as client provides timeline of events to ensure forecast accuracies before detailing Banquet Event Orders.
- Detail and distribute Weekly Group Resumes to include all necessary manifest details to Operations team.
- Maintain proper communication with client on Room Block Changes, Pick Up, Cut-Off Date, Attrition Balances throughout the planning process. Ensure attrition and commissionable rates are communicated with Finance department for proper payment/payout processing.
- Conduct Menu Tastings as assigned by Director.
- Comply with Four Seasons Category One and Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Experience preferred by position is from one to two years of employment in the related position in Hotel industry.
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English Language.
- Must be able to work all shifts including, AM's, PM's, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires knowledge and ability to operate computer equipment and the reservations system.
- Able to sit, stand and walk up to 8 hours.
- Ability to compose business correspondence.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail.
- Creativity is also a plus for this role.
- Hourly Rate: $27.05
- Winter Season Lifestyle Benefit
- Merchant Pass and Eco Passes Available
- 401k participation with company matching program
- Competitive Benefits: Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Discounted travel with discounted F&B and Spa Services at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Worldwide.
- Free shift meal prepared by the culinary team
- Complimentary dry cleaning of employee uniforms
- Be yourself and become a member of a work family that cares about you and invests in your development.
- Master your craft here and abroad!
- Employee engagement at all levels; Where your thoughts and ideas are not only heard but actioned.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Vail, visit us:
We look forward to receiving your application! Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
- We Are Four Seasons Video
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf