Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley is proud to provide our guest the highest standards of luxury and personalized service. At Four Seasons we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Four Seasons Hotel Silicon Valley is currently looking for a Director of Rooms.
Essential function of the job:
- Directs and controls the activities of the Front Desk, Housekeeping, CORE (combination of PBX and Reservations), Guest Services and Spa.
- Manages the Department Heads in the departments named above. Ensures thorough communications and follow-up on any problems, guest or employee request or special requirements, and hotel initiatives. Interviews, and trains the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
- Assures that standards are met, guests and employees are satisfied, and problems are promptly resolved.
- Works closely with Sales and the Director of Revenue to maximize the Hotel occupancy levels, rates and strong up-sell program.
- Coordinating the organization and administrative functions in all areas of the Rooms Division.
- Ensuring total compliance with standards of operation.
- Ensuring that staffing is maintained at an appropriate level to match business demand.
- Participating in all regular and operational meetings and in the formulation of strategic business plans.
- Resolves guest complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Closely monitoring the financial performance of all departments, in particular monitoring all Rooms expenses to ensure that they are kept in line with budget and providing solutions to improve problem areas and assisting in implementing corrective measures.
- Ability to work comprehensively with spreadsheets and budgeting packages.
- Develops relationships with return guests, group contacts and other guests in order to provide personalized service.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Five to seven years of experience in luxury hotel/resort operations management positions.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of Rooms Division Operations
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent guest service and problem resolution skills
- Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the 'EEOC is The Law' Information poster please visit this website - https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf