Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is a global, luxury hotel management company. We manage over 120 hotels and resorts and 47 private residences in 47 countries around the world and growing. At Four Seasons, we are powered by people and our culture enables everything we do.
Central to Four Seasons employee experience and social impact programming is the company’s commitment to supporting cancer research, and the advancement of diversity, inclusion, equality and belonging at Four Seasons corporate offices and properties worldwide. At Four Seasons, we are powered by people and our culture enables everything we do.
The Manager, IT Delivery is a skilled project manager for data and analytics initiatives and projects across the Commercial Division and supported lines of business.
The Manager uses Jira software and agile delivery methodology to organize and lead teams through use cases and other development projects. Team members may include product owners, IT data engineering, IT security, business data analytics and data science. The project manager adjusts plans, schedules and approaches based on the priorities and the type of project (experimentation vs. production-grade). Project may vary in size from only a few members to up to 40+ across many divisions.
The manager is a skilled and proficient communicator and translator of needs across internal and external project team members.
This role is based in Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Toronto Corporate Office, reporting to the Director, IT Delivery. This role involves interactions with all departments within Four Seasons, platform providers, and service delivery partners.Key ActivitiesProject Management
- Develop and actively manage projects as assigned, defining all dependencies (internal, external, interproject) and critical path to completion
- Manage project delivery team consisting of multiple vendors and Four Seasons resources across multiple time-zones, ensuring alignment on development timelines and seamless handoffs between teams as it relates to project deliverables
- Actively manage delivery process between requirements gathering, data ingestion, data modeling, pipeline development and data visualization via multiple delivery vendors
- Organizes and facilitates cross functional teams (product owners, IT data engineering, IT security, business data analytics and data science for projects as assigned
- Prepare and present program level reporting to project stakeholders and executives via bi-weekly Project Review meeting
- Scrum leader; expert in Agile project delivery
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Reviews, Retrospectives, and leading Standups
- Administrator and co-administer various Jira boards (Enterprise Engineering, Prototyping etc.)
- Be the first point of escalation for project risks. Own the process of escalating risks and communicating to the appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Forecasts and schedules required IT expertise supporting the project identifying any conflicts, gaps or overlaps.
- Ensure projects transition successfully to operations and that operational considerations are captured during the build-phase
- Follows and implements Enterprise standards. policies and procedures for data and analytics project delivery
- High degree of self-motivation and strong initiative
- Effective personal persuasion skills
- Ability to manage volume of work and deal with global conference calls
- Scrum leader / master; expert in Agile project delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Vendor management experience, especially with professional services
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to achieve results through others
- Strong finance and budgeting skills
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgmental and communication abilities are critical.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong finance and budgeting skills
- Very strong conceptual, analytical, judgmental and communication abilities are critical
Experience, Education and Professional Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of data engineering in Microsoft Azure Environment + Toolsets (ADLA, ADF, Synapse, Data Bricks, AAS, Cosmos DB, FunctionApps, Logic Apps etc.)
- Microsoft Power BI delivery and support
- Microsoft Power Suite delivery and support
- Strong SQL query skills
- Strong history in Python, Csharp, Scala, Java, R, Python
- Data process improvement
- Working in large data sets
- Confluence, Jira, TestRail
- Helpdesk Tools and methods
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office Suite, very strong Excel
All internal applications must be submitted and approved in Workday by September 23, 2022.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business or IT discipline
- Certifications in Agile / PMI
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Program Delivery
- Experience in commercial and contract management
- Experience with project management
- Experience in vendor management, specifically with professional services
This role will be a Hybrid working model, which will require 2-3 days per week in the Four Seasons Corporate Office located at 1165 Leslie Street, Toronto, Ontario
Four Seasons is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.