Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel, Athens is looking for a talented Pelagos Restaurant Manager.About Pelagos:
Awarded one Michelin star, Pelagos, named after the Greek word for ocean, offers a forward-looking interpretation of fine dining using fresh seasonal produce of the Mediterranean Sea.
Its sophistication comes from its simplicity, its presentation, table top selection, the best quality ingredients and varied cooking techniques, matched with precision of execution and attention to detail.About the Property:
Since re-opening in 2019 after a full renovation, Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens has redefined the luxury hotel market in Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean. Named Greece’s Leading Luxury Hotel in 2022 at the World Travel Awards, this stylish Athens Riviera icon dazzles all who visit with her rich heritage and serene setting overlooking the Aegean Sea.SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
You will create the next generation of product and service driven restaurant leaders, have ownership for their business driving product, revenue and profit, setting strategic and financial goals. Possess accountability for meeting and exceeding GOR/GOP targets, developing and executing key marketing, PR and social media activities and campaigns, client and media relations. Ownership of guest satisfaction, participating in local F&B community and industry events, controlling operating costs, reporting and people leadership and development.
The Restaurant Manager is not an F&B Generalist and his role is central to success of the Restaurant only.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:PRODUCT
- Owns and Executes the Restaurant Concept
- Creates a strategic vision for the restaurant and bar that maintains a guest experience that is relevant and on concept to include revenue generation and ensuring market share
- Is passionate about the dynamic, evolving restaurant industry and is in tune with direct competitive market and beyond
- Works closely with the Executive Restaurant Chef and Sommelier to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price
- Ensures quality of all food items, ingredients, and preparation methods, as well as provide expert knowledge of wine and spirits in an elegantly appointed environment dedicated to an attentive and distinctive experience
- Creates the next generation of product and service driven restaurant leaders
- Assists alongside Operation Manager to coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the restaurant front of house team through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long-range strategic operational planning
- Models the Four Seasons Leadership Behaviours; cultivating craftmanship, nurturing connection and celebrating character.
- Actively involved in all facets of service training
- Maintains a strong working relationship with Restaurant Executive Chef, Operations Manager, Sommelier and Restaurant Marketing Manager
- Sets and meets strategic and financial goals
- Displays accountability for meeting/ exceeding GOR/GOP targets
- Controls labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue generation solutions to maximize profit
- Analyzes key reports including, but not limited to R&B Outlet P&L, Event P&L, food and beverage menu sales mix and forecast accuracy to ensure financial goals are on track and implements changes where needed
- Five years previous experience in a related position required
- Experience to include stand-alone or restaurant group experience outside of hotel or resort environment
- Demonstrate exceptional F&B knowledge
- Minimum WSET Level 2 preferred
- Familiarity and interpretation of P&L statements
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Avero, Birchstreet, One Drive
- EU citizenship is required
Staff at Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens offer unrivalled service to an interesting and diverse clientele of local and international guests, including many repeaters. The Hotel features 303 keys, seven eclectic food and beverage outlets, plus luxury amenities including private pools, three private beaches, water sports, a tennis academy, and a Hippocrates-inspired spa.
Working at Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens means joining a forward-thinking and fun-loving team who work together to exceed guest expectations.
When employed in Four Seasons Astir Palace, you will enjoy our Employee benefits, which include:
If you meet our requirements, please do not hesitate to submit your application and your CV to this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Employee Meals;
- Uniform & Laundry;
- Bus Transportation to/from Elliniko;
- Monthly Employee Recognition Program;
- Opportunities for Global Travel through Task Forces and Transfers;
- Employee Travel Program (after completing six months with the company, you are eligible for complimentary nights in Four Seasons properties worldwide).