Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as the Recreation Supervisor.
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and a top-rated restaurants.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.
- Schedule the recreation team to provide maximum service to guests within budgeted guidelines
- Be able to execute the tasks of a Pool Attendant, Server and/or Bartender, and Ski Concierge Attendant as needed
- Train the ski concierge attendants and pool attendants and supervise them in the performance of their duties
- Communicate closely with the Recreation manager, Front desk manager, and Guest services manger to ensure follow up on any special problems, guest requests, etc.
- Review daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of V.I.P’s and return guests, groups, etc.
- Assist other departments as required in resolving problems. The ability to handle guest complaints, keeping Recreation manager well informed as to problems and action taken.
- Act in the absence of senior management in all matters concerning to safety, security, and well-being of hotel guests, patrons, and employees.
- Followup on service procedures and adhere to all Four Seasons standards at all times and understand the importance of a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Become a role model to all staff by leading by example and treating all coworkers as you wish to be treated.
- Supervise the consistency of quality and efficiency of food and service in both departments
- Work closely with Engineering to maintain proper water quality and mechanical operation of the swimming and whirl pools
- Order supplies and amenities to ensure the Pool-side par level allow for smooth operation
- Coordinate personal training with outside contractors to guarantee a high level of service and adequate availability
- Maintain the Poolside as a safe environment and in accordance with all health department regulations
- Oversee the cleanliness of the ski concierge building, fitness area, pool deck, patio terrace and bartenders’ cabana area and coordinate special requirements with Housekeeping, Laundry, Stewarding and Engineering
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff
- Utilize all computer systems relevant to the departments
- Participate in regular staff meetings to keep employees informed of hotel policies and changes as well as ways to increase sales and service
- Maintain a log (Lotus Notes) with important information to be passed onto management
- Ensure all equipment is kept in perfect working condition and reports any deficiencies to the proper department
As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Recreation Supervisor
to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Leadership experience
- Experience skiing or snowboarding
- Retail or customer service experience
- Must hold a clean BC Driver’s license.
- Prior food and beverage experience.
- A current Serving It Right Certificate.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work in Canada
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
What’s in it for you
Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
Access to affordable shared staff
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Retirement plan with employer contribution;
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Excellent training and development program;
Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide.
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.