Descripción de empleo
Hilton Anatole is looking for a Banquet Chef to join their culinary team!
Spanning 45 lush acres north of downtown Dallas, this AAA 4-Diamond property is an icon in the vibrant Design District boasting over 1,600 rooms, 600,000 square feet of banquet space, and 6 food and beverage outlets - 3 restaurants, a marketplace, pool, and in-room dining.
In this role, you will assist the Executive Banquet Chef in overseeing banquet culinary operations managing a team of 40+.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional leader who is creative, thrives in a high-volume operation, and has a talent for inspiring and mentoring others. This individual must be collaborative, excel at building and maintaining excellent relationships with all, and have outstanding communication skills. At least two (2) years of culinary management experience in a high-volume banquet operation is required. A background in hotels, upscale dining, and a $50M+ food and beverage operation is a plus.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
What will I be doing?
As Banquet Chef, you would be responsible for the coordination, planning and supervision of the production and presentation of food served at all banquet events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage and participate in daily banquet culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of meals, supervision of food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Visually inspect, select and use quality food and beverage products including, but not limited to, fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and spices
- Analyze Banquet Event Orders to plan and coordinate the food and beverage portion of client functions with Catering and/or Meetings and Conventions/Events
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Assist in the creation and planning of menus
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!