A Director of Sales
with Hilton Garden Inn LAX El Segundo
manages and directs sales staff to secure business travel clients and to establish long-term relationships with these clients. Responds to sales inquiries, initiates new sales, prospects and qualifies leads and solicits potential clients, conducts site visits and answers questions, determines rates, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, services accounts and analyzes lost business for the hotel/s. Develops sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established revenue and room night goals. Works with various departments to ensure requested services are provided to customers. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff. Manages the financial aspects of business travel (i.e. forecasting, budgeting, etc.)You would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of strategic sales and marketing plans and initiatives to include, but not limited to, interacting with guests and owners, directing solicitation efforts, securing business, operating information management systems, preparing and presenting statistical and performance reports.
- Partner with the Revenue Manager to include, but not limited to, determining sales pricing strategies, developing rates, establishing market segment thresholds, determining space utilization policy, deploying competitive data strategies, conducting demand analysis, and managing market mix.
- Utilize and apply technology and systems effectively
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations, and delivering recognitions and rewards.
- Plan for and participate in ownership meetings.
Salary range is $80,000 to $85,000 plus incentive What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!