The award-winning AAA 5-Diamond Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club is looking for a Pilates instructor
to join the Spa & Fitness
Located in the beautiful coastal town of Dana Point adjacent to Laguna Beach, this town played an iconic role in the emergence of California's surf culture and today is celebrated for its laid-back vibe and fun, active lifestyle.
The resort is perched on 175 acres atop a 150-foot seaside bluff with over 400 rooms, 115,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, and 8 food and Beverage outlets. This includes 4 restaurants, a beach club, lounge, marketplace, and IRD.
- Classification: Part-Time
- Shift: Various - available to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Want to learn more? Hotel Website
- At least five (5) years experience teaching Pilates and comfortable with teaching group classes
- National Pilates Certification (preferably with Basi, Balanced body and stott)
- Self-motivated to increase clientele and assist with creating wellness programing
, Instagram What will I be doing?
As a Pilates Instructor, you would be responsible for teaching and facilitating private and semi-private sessions offered to members and guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Provide, teach and facilitate individual and small-group Pilates instruction for members and guests to include, but not limited to, managing multiple clients on equipment simultaneously and teaching mat classes
- Schedule and manage client requests and sessions
- Ensure safe exercise practice through observation, correction, assistance and answering questions
- Ensure current knowledge of exercise techniques and trends
- Oversee the maintenance of the studio and related fitness equipment
- Promote the spa including, but not limited to, classes, treatments, services, retail, programs, discounts, etc.
- Greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and service issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Maintain cleanliness of work area including, but not limited to, the facility, locker rooms, studios, machines and equipment in accordance with federal, state, local and company standards
- Assist in monitoring facility use to ensure guest safety
- Perform general Spa duties, as needed
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
*Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement if applicable. Pay Range: The hourly rate is $15.50 per hour and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Mental Health Resources
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Supportive parental leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs