Head Sommelier, One&Only Aesthesis, Athens
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Wrapped in ancient mythology in the heart of the Athenian Riviera, where lavender lands meet sapphire waters and our collection of rooms, suites and villas embody the timeless glamour of the Aegean. The warm Mediterranean hospitality is one of our most unique and valued assets. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.About the role
Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles. Answer guest questions or concerns regarding the origin, vintage, and style of various wines. Update and maintain wine list and MICROS system. Pair and suggest wines that will best complement menu items. Attend wine tastings and develop relationships with vendors. Request new wines and products. Create and update wine lists. Design and implement wine promotions and incentive programs. Monitor and replenish inventory of wine cellar, equipment, and glassware. Train and educate server and bartender staff. Conduct vintage and BIN number checks. Conduct staff wine tastings. Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas. Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly. Maintain accurate spill sheet..Key Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- To develop and maintain the highest standard of quality as they relate to presentation, supervision and control of wine service in all outlets, In Villa Dining and Excursions.
- To build and maintain a strong and efficient sales & support team among supervisors and employees.
- To create loyal and trustworthy staff who takes pride in their work, thereby providing the highest level of service possible.
- To be constantly inspecting all outlets and In-Residence Dining for clean, presentable and updated wine lists.
- To assist in preparing the annual wine sales plan and promotion matrix.
- To finalize the weekly roster to be posted six days before the actual date.
- To adhere to the rules & regulations of the Resort.
- To conduct wine inventories on a regular basis, together with the Cost Controller and the Assistant Manager, Sommelier.
- Advise on slow moving items and recommend required action, where and when necessary.
- To review wine sales in all outlets on a regular basis.
- Schedule monthly staff training.
- To ensure that all outlet managers are fully aware of current and future house pours, new additions and estimated sales targets.
- CMS Certified and/or WSET 3
- 5 years’ experience as Head Sommelier in a prestigious group or International Luxury hotel
- Good knowledge of stock management
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.