The Merchandising Director will be responsible for developing the growth strategy of Emilio Pucci across the product offering, in terms of understanding and anticipating fashion and market trends; defining the collection plan and product positioning; and making fundamental decisions on the product offering to ensure both stylistic and commercial attractiveness and results; linking the product strategy with visual merchandising and marketing strategies.Profil
- Develop the Product strategy to enhance the appeal of the Product offering of the Brand and constantly update the Product offering and style
- Product and competitor analysis (positioning, products, materials, pricing), identifying trends and market opportunities.
- Defining the Collection Plan (WRTW, Footwear, Accessories, Licensing, and eventual new Products Categories), according to market trends, commercial feedbacks and brand DNA.
- Elaborating Collection Plan in terms of assortment mix architecture, categories, materials, delivery windows. Define price positioning.
- Share finalized Collection Plan with the Studio; ensure the Collection Plan’s implementation and its respect, securing collection consistency and giving constant feedback throughout the collection evolution.
- Translating inspiration from Studio into commercial declinations (focus on volume drivers), assuring the right balance between style and commercial contents.
- In charge of product training, animating collections briefings to commercial teams to maximize product knowledge and motivation.
- Creating and nurturing a constructive dialogue with Commercial teams.
- Work in strict collaboration with Visual Merchandising to optimize window and in-store product presentation.
- Ideally +12 years collection merchandising experience in an international environment with successful track record in achieving strong performance developing Product Merchandising strategies that build a brand’s equity for leading Luxury / Fashion brands
- International experience / knowledge of international markets is strongly recommended
- Ideally experience working with luxury RTW brands, mainly Womenswear (Accessories knowledge is a plus)
- Balance of strong analytical skills, intuition, creative thinking & product sensitivity
- Strategic orientation
- Project Management, leadership and proved experience as a team player with peers.
In terms of individual characteristics:
- S/he has a genuine “passion” for fashion and product, with high curiosity and sensitivity in perceiving and understanding the latest trends and fashion tendencies.
- S/he can build strong relations; is a good communicator, influencer with a great capacity to collaborate at all levels (including peers; direct reports, internal and external stakeholders).
- S/he is an inspiring and engaging leader.
- S/He has a proven and natural ability to work with creative people.
- Ideally fluent in Italian and English. French is recommended.