Louis Vuitton is looking for a Head of Controlling for the Mediterranean region.
Financial Controller is in charge of monitoring Financial Planning and Analysis as well as Internal Control / Financial Operation within the whole Mediterranean zone (Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Greece, Israel and Turkey).
The Financial Controller is a key business partner for the region, being part of the regional finance team based in Madrid Head Office. He reports to the CFO.
In a fast-growing environment and in a strong retail development context, the Financial Controller is a strong support to the retail teams, the different regional business departments and the regional management.
He supports the regional business through the different finance activities. He provides quality reports, financial analysis, business and operational support to the Mediterranean Region and the Paris EMEA Zone and Central teams.
The Financial Controller travels on a regular basis among the region to perform stores operations reviews, reinforce internal control and ensure a good level of financial operations in all Mediterranean stores. Some travels to Paris to collaborate with Central and EMEA teams also occur.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIESSupport the regional teams through Financial Planning and Business Analysis
Monitor Budget and Recurring Financial Process
- Follow-up of Retail activities, KPI’s and financial operations,
- Be a key business partner for the different heads of department,
- Provide related financial analysis, KPI reports and operational support,
- Prepare presentations / business reviews to the regional management.
Provide stores’ Operations Support / Ensure good level of regional Internal Control
- Carry out budget preparation and revision, in coordination with Paris EMEA and Central teams,
- Prepare monthly closing and provide CFO and General Management with relevant analysis of the P&L vs. last year, budget and forecast,
- Participate in month-end meetings with EMEA Zone, presenting and analyzing the results,
- Work closely with Accounting department in order to always provide consistent financial statements respecting tight deadlines.
Optimize Regional Profitability: bring new ideas with creative and proactive spirit
- Guarantee a strong level of internal control within the region for head office and stores,
- Perform regular operational reviews in all Mediterranean stores,
- Continuously improve procedures within the region, with a positive business mindset,
- Ensure compliance within all major Group and local Internal Control official frameworks such as ERICA for LVMH or Corporate Governance program in Spain.
Be a key business partner towards regional projects
- Close follow-up of operational expenses,
- Provide to each head office department details of budget and costs follow-up Follow-up on stores running expenses,
- Guarantee a fluid Purchasing process in line with LV standards and budget,
- Maintain contingency plan, analyze costs risk and opportunities.
- Support strongly on the financial side Mediterranean retail projects (Return on Investment, Profitability, Sales potential etc.),
- Collaborate on Real Estate development (Lease monitoring, Capex, Investment analysis, rent valuation),
- Support yearly special events: on-site support, sales and profitability analysis;
- Be key financial partner on yearly specific projects.
Master degree with minimum 8 years of experience as business controller in multinational company, ideally having an experience in Retail Sector. Strong financial background. Internal Control / Audit experience is a strong plus for the Mediterranean region.
The candidate must prove the following skills and experience:
- Client oriented: always focus on external and internal customers on decision taken,
- Autonomous, business support and curious attitude, strong interpersonal skills,
- Highly results oriented, dynamic, positive and proactive personality,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Adaptability and flexibility in dealing with stakeholders in a regional multicultural context,
- Teamwork & collaboration,
- Luxury & retail industry awareness,
- Advanced analytical and computer skills, Proficiency in Microsoft Office,
- Basis of SAP and Syrus-Magnitude knowledge is a plus,
- Fluent in English.