The EMEA Store Planning Facilities & Preservation Lead is responsible for the overall retail facilities management of the EMEA retail store portfolio. This role will manage a portfolio of approximately 60 retail locations managing day-to-day repairs (utilizing Service Channel and leveraging national and/or contracted vendors). They will oversee the regional capital planning, equipment maintenance strategy and issue resolution for all EMEA stores. This position also directs and manages the planning and execution of other capital facilities projects specific to punch list completion and warranty issues to ensure that they are completed as designed, within budget, on schedule, and to Tiffany & Co.’s standards. The role will partner closely with the Store Planning Director, Facilities Manager, VM and Market Leads. They will also be responsible for driving sustainability projects and monitor LEED certifications on our Capital Projects & global / LVMH initiatives. Key Responsibilities Retail Facilities Management
Regional Facilities Management
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 60 retail stores specifically within the six markets: UK& Ireland, Germany & Scandinavia, France & Benelux, Italy & Spain, Russia & Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa. This will involve managing repair and maintenance work orders via Service Channel and identifying solutions to store raised issues.
- Responsible for coordinating remedial work for store emergencies and ensuring the vendors have a solid plan of action when addressing issues and are following Tiffany & Co standards.
- Communicate to the stores via Service Channel and provide updates as needed to ensure that the issues are corrected and work orders are closed in a timely manner.
- Visit all retail facilities within assigned markets as needed and partner with Market Operations Managers to complete quarterly site audits detailing store conditions along with supporting documentation and work orders.
- Review store conditions with store management, Market Operations Managers and take corrective follow up measures. Provide updates and seek guidance/direction on technical issues with the Store Development team.
- Provide feedback to the Store Development team on materials and spec conditions in partnership.
- Provide store operations and facilities manager with proactive facility-related safety and health services in relation to store planning and facilities maintenance. Routinely evaluate, recognize and respond to reported facility-related safety and health hazards and concerns. Comprehend and implement facility-related industry and Tiffany safety and health requirements to maintain a safe and healthy store environment for employees, customers and visitors.
- Work in conjunction with Global Procurement and U.S. Facilities Manager to develop, maintain and administrate facilities vendor contracts. Set up yearly / new store's contracts; including mechanical, fire, cleaning and general maintenance with cost efficiency and quality of service in mind.
- Manage minor store refresh and upgrade projects within your assigned markets on time and on budget. Work with the Store Development and Store Planning teams to develop the project's scope and budget. Procure and coordinate any external resources required to assist in managing the projects to successful completion.
- Collaborate with the GRESD to ensure all Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Life Safety standards and codes are strictly adhered to. Manage, schedule and coordinate resources in response to internal user requests and projects. Implement scheduled maintenance on all critical/major equipment. (i.e. HVAC units, Life safety, fire protection equipment, etc.
- Manage new stores, relocations and renovations for any facilities needs in partnership with the Market Operations Managers.
- Develop and execute a consistent and effective HVAC maintenance program for the stores and develop an HVAC project replacement schedule incorporating input from Global Procurement, HVAC vendors and experts and internal client(s) to ensure optimal project delivery.
- Identify scheduling variations and maintenance tasks during project development and institute solutions resulting in equal expenditure in PMs and repair and maintenance as well as decreasing emergency work orders year over year as related specifically to HVAC.
- Develop and maintain project budgets. Track estimates, budgets and current forecasts.
- Coordinate with the project team to ensure timely completion and coordination of construction document drawings that will be issued to approved construction managers/general contractors and vendors for pricing/bid.
- Develop and maintain MEP, Hardware, Lighting and other store equipment and fixture specifications within the Facilities Department, coordinate store equipment standard detail and specifications with Design, Construction, Security, Retail Teams and Store Operations as needed.
- College Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Facility Management and Building Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 5-8 years of experience in facilities planning
- Strong working knowledge of Service Channel FM Platform, building systems, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, life safety and structural engineering.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, project management and people management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to read construction documents
- Design and detail oriented. Client focused
- Strategic problem solver
- Travel, support multiple locations, off hours, and weekends required
- Fluent in French and English