Descripción de empleo
We are currently looking for a Rooms Management Trainee to join our team here at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park London.
For us, first impressions are everything. We’re looking for a Rooms Management Trainee to deliver a seamless guest experience from the second a guest steps through our doors.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park is London’s most iconic address. The spirit of the city infuses every floor. The park’s green vastness rolls beyond bedroom windows. Renowned guests frequent the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
It’s another world. A world of oriental luxury and the most attentive service. A world that’s all about our guests.
It’s also a world that’s been reinvented and reimagined to move with the times. With a heart of London’s heritage and an eye to the future, we use our own sense of history to set new standards – through kind, passionate and generous service.
For some hotels, a cheerful smile and polite tone might be enough to be a Rooms Management Trainee. For us, being the face of our hotel calls for much more.
First and foremost, being a Rooms Management Trainee is about emotional intelligence. We need people who can read our guests in the blink of an eye: are they excited and ready to talk? Or tired from their flight and looking for calm?
Of course, it’s also about how you present yourself. We’re looking for a Rooms Management Trainee who can wear our fan pin with pride. And finally, it’s about pulling together, because a great deal of teamwork goes into creating the perfect stay. For example, if a guest mentions an early start, our whole team can come together to make that easier for them – a well-timed wake up call, a luxury car ready and waiting.
It’s a finely tuned orchestra, made up of exceptional soloists.
About the role
The Rooms Management Programme provides the following opportunities to build a career for life:
- Rotation across different departments within the division in 18 months. You will have three rotations during the programme which may include the following departments: Guest Experience, Housekeeping, Butlers, Concierge and Reception.
- Increasing responsibilities with every rotation.
- Key projects to lead.
- Mentorship programme with a seasoned and experienced senior leader in the hotel.
- Opportunity to complete eCornell distance learning courses for further development.
We offer our Rooms Management Trainees class benefits but not limited to:
- Benefits platform with discounts on over 800+ retailers.
- Discounts on hotel stays and dining across the group.
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector.
- Free laundry and complimentary meals whilst on duty.
- Colleague recognition and reward programmes.
- An exciting range of learning and development programmes.
- Opportunities for promotion and transfers across the group.
- Colleague Social events and Wellness programmes.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Mandarin Oriental London
Sitting between glorious Royal Parkland and the buzz of central Knightsbridge, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London is re-imagined and re-invented, offering the essence of timeless heritage coupled with contemporary flair and impeccable service.
As part of the most-extensive multi-million-pound restoration in the hotel's history, internationally-renowned designer Joyce Wang, oversaw the new design of all the rooms, suites and public areas, inspired by the natural beauty of neighbouring Hyde Park and the glamour of the 20th century Golden Age of travel.
The stunning re-imagining of The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London along with the hotel’s destination restaurants and Mandarin Bar, were directed by esteemed New York designer Adam D Tihany.