Descripción de empleo
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has under development over 40 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 25 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
Ideally located on the charming Via Andegari, Mandarin Oriental, Milan is a stylish and intimate hotel, featuring 104 guestrooms, including 32 beautifully appointed suites. Set in the heart of the city, only steps away from the world-renowned La Scala opera house, it inhabits four elegant 18th Century buildings in Milan's most prestigious district. The hotel features a fine-dining restaurant, Seta and a bar-bistro, Mandarin Bar & Bistrot where an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails are offered in chic surroundings. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Milan is the city's most comprehensive, offering a holistic approach to rejuvenation and relaxation in tranquil, meditative surroundings that feature indoor swimming pool and six private treatment rooms. In addition, the hotel has two versatile function rooms that benefit from natural daylight.
The role involves taking responsibility for welcoming guests to the Mandarin Bar & Bistrot in a friendly and helpful manner, assisting Chefs de Rang in a section within the Mandarin Bar & Bistrot ensuring that all standards are met with attention to detail. As part of the role you will be expected to deliver amazing hospitality and ensuring that all guest expectations are met.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about food and beverage and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests. The ideal candidate will be organised and have an excellent attention to detail. Experience of working in a similar quality environment is required and knowledge of food, wine and beverage is an advantage. You must have passion for hospitality and deliver service with a smile.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
- Experience for at least 1-2 years
- Assist guests courteously and efficiently
- Set up tables up to our standard
- Maintain the dining room clean at all the time
- Set up tables according to hostesses communication
- Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything
- Attend all food and beverage training classes
- Setting and maintaining the dining room environment and material perfectly clean
Required Skills & Experience:
- Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Have good knowledge of food and preparation
- Have a good knowledge of wine
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Have excellent communication and organization skills
- Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guest
- Reading, writing and oral good in the English Language and Italian
- Professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Advertised: 22 Sep 2021 W. Europe Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Nov 2021 W. Europe Standard Time