Sales & MarketingLocation
The Las Colinas Resort Dallas, 4150 North MacArthur Boulevard, Irving, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling catering sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Conducts day-to-day activities related to catering sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year of experience in sales and marketing or related professional area. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Proactively builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities could include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.Engaging in Sales Activities
• Researches and develops new leads for catering business.
• Participates in catering sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue potential.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.Additional Responsibilities
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.