The Westin Charlotte, 601 S College St, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles events of average complexity. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 – 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Event Logistics and Operations
• Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
• Acts as liaison between field salesperson and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.Leading Event Management Teams
• Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups.
• Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
• Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
• Assists in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
• Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.