Sales & MarketingLocation
Cascade Hotel Kansas City a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, 4601 Wornall Road, Kansas City, Missouri, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Capital Management, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
The newly opened Aloft Hotel on the Country Club Plaza and, soon to open, Cascade Hotel in Kansas City, a Tribute Portfolio hotel, are destined to become the crown jewels of the Country Club Plaza hotel scene. Situated on the North side of the Plaza, these hotels pay tribute to the history of Kansas City, while leaving a distinct mark of their own. With a combined 300 guest rooms, 5 bars, a two-story restaurant, and 15,000 sq feet of meeting space, these hotels will be the preferred destination for smaller conferences, meetings, vacations, celebrations, and everyone else that comes to Kansas City. Our Sales and events team will be a key part of their success.
The Business/Transient Sales Manager will help drive Negotiated Business Travel accounts to the Aloft Hotel on the Country Club Plaza and Cascade Hotel Kansas City; and help provide guidance for the day-to-day business transient initiatives for each hotel.
The Business/Transient Sales Manager will be tasked with the following duties, responsibilities, and assignments:
- Help develop and execute Negotiated account revenue generation strategies to maximize segment profitability.
- Conduct independent research and market intelligence to source new local and corporate level account production.
- Solicit weekly new business opportunities by identifying target accounts and growing revenues from existing accounts. (Some cold calling required as part of this process)
- Oversee contract renewals and termination requests of Business Travel accounts.
- Perform the necessary reviews to understand the assigned Negotiated account profiles.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of national hotel brand's Business Travel account sales tools and resources. Keep current and ensure the assigned hotels take advantage of all brand resources and initiatives.
- Provide up-to-date reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing and Country Club Lodging for the monthly Negotiated segment forecast, providing feedback on competitive positioning to help achieve the desired performance.
- Conduct training and account reviews as needed with property sales & revenue teams.
- Review intelligence reports, related tools, along with the Negotiated segment productivity, by account, for each hotel, identifying the need for strategic redirection, and help develop plans to maximize segment revenues as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Work with the National Business Travel reps for the assigned brand(s) during the annual RFP Season to complete national and local RFPs. Update all account tracking for performance forecasts.
- Conduct quarterly account reviews with local and national accounts.
- Plan and execute Business Transient client site visits and entertainment.
- Periodically engage in the local community as it benefits the hotel through approved memberships in organizations, charitable activities, and business community events.
- Participate in the required company standard meetings, such as Revenue Strategy Meeting, Weekly Staff meeting, and all associate meetings or calls.
- Participate in proactive sales initiatives and events; and
- All other work as required to complete the primary purpose of the position.
- Affordable health insurance with employer premium contributions offered to all full-time associates
- Wide range of benefit options (medical, dental, vision, accident, critical illness, life) offered to all full-time associates
- Paid Time Off (PTO) available to full-time associates
- Exclusive discounts at Marriott Hotels for all associates
- To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and associate and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
What you need to be considered for this role:
- 2 years of Business Transient selling in the hotel industry, or related experience preferred
- Proven performance achieving assigned sales productivity goals
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with industry specific sales programs such as CI/TY, and/or Cvent business tools. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What will set you apart:
Travel: Pay Type:
- 4+ years of hotel Business/Transient sales experience
- Multi-property selling experience
- A strong working knowledge with the market's Local Corporate Transient Business Accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Marriott Brand Platforms and Lightspeed PMS for hotels.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Full-time, salaried, plus bonus potential.
- Health plans available after 90 days