Sales & MarketingLocation
Courtyard Orlando Downtown, 730 North Magnolia Avenue, Orlando, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY About the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown:
The Courtyard Orlando Downtown is an urban, energetic and inspire hotel with a metropolitan flare. Located in the heart of The City Beautiful, North Quarter/Downtown Orlando business district, provides the ideal accommodation for business and leisure travelers. The 6 story, 200 guestroom property has 3400 square feet of flexible meeting and an on-site Restaurant Bistro, featuring American cuisine and Starbucks beverages. Minutes away to downtown business, cultural and social venues such as Camping World, Amway Center, Orlando Museum, and much more.
Owned and operated by Turnberry, the Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown is located at 730 N. Magnolia Avenue, Orlando, FL. To learn more, visit the official Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown website at www.marriott.com/mcoma or follow the hotel on social media via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Thrive with our comprehensive Benefits Package-featuring Medical, Dental and Eye Care, 401K Plans, Short- and Long-Term Disability, International Travel Perks, Weekly Pay, Free-Parking, Team Member Recognition Events, Outings and much more! Most benefits are available after 30 days of full-time employment.
Turnberry has a Substance Abuse Policy and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Sales Coordinator performs support duties to the Sales Department and management team; acts as a liaison between the Sales Department and other areas of the Hotel. Tasks include but are not limited to; telephone communication including answering calls, attending to messages, forwarding calls appropriately, assisting caller in resolving questions/ concerns, email correspondence, managing calendar(s), coordinating meetings, filing, inputting, and maintaining data, drafting, and submitting expense reports, accurately preparing written documents such as letters, memos, and any other administrative tasks as requested by the Management Team
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following):
- Maintains all files, correspondence, and records in the department. Typing and filing using computer systems
- Assists Director of Sales and Sales Manager in all administrative aspects
- Coordinates meeting and performs minute taking, transcribing and distribution meeting minutes
- Distributes Resumes weekly on Tuesdays
- Complete qualifying information sheets as needed and distribute to sales manager
- Reports data to the STAR report
- Maintain and update data in Delphi
- Assist with preparation and execution of hotel site inspections.
- Handles group requests for VIP clients. Ensure that all arrangements are made, including upgrades, are handled properly, coordinating with other departments through oral and written instruction
- Log pertinent account information in files.
- Maintain necessary copies of contracts and correspondence in orderly and accurate manner.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or Business related major, preferred
- One (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in administrative role and/or hotels preferred.
- Ability to work with computers; prefer previous PMS experience, Office 365 experience
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Telephone etiquette skills needed
- Ability to set-up and maintain filing systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays, according to department needs and business volumes
- Ability to seldom travel locally, domestic, and international for purposes of sales calls, meetings and trainings.