Retail & Gift ShopsLocation
JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa, 19999 West Country Club Drive, Aventura, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Fontainebleau Development. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.Job Summary Scope of Position
Responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of multiple retail outlets to ensure profitability, quality standards, and customer satisfaction. Assisting in selling goods and attending to customers on the selling floor to provide courteous and competent services to ensure customer satisfaction.Responsibilities
• Ensure customer needs are met, service is quick and efficient. Resolve customer concerns and implement resolutions to ensure that luxury standards are practiced in daily transactions.
• Compute bills and operate the cash register.
• Handle credit transactions, make change, cash checks, and issue receipts.
• Stock and maintain shelves and products in the retail outlets.
• Inspect incoming products for damages or defects.
• Ensure all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability.
• Schedule labor force and assign work for efficient use of equipment and personnel.
• Ensure compliance by all retail personnel with Company and departmental rules, policies, and procedures.
• Participate in physical inventories and merchandise receiving/tacking activities as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned including assisting Retail Manager with daily activities. Supervise staff to include assistance in performance evaluations.
• Monitor cash draw and office supplies.
• Communicate guest/associate issues to manager.
• Train Associates in opening and closing procedures and daily operations.Requirements
• Familiarity with retail operations concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Effective supervisory and communication skills.
• Well organized and demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills.
• Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., computer, 10-key, copier, fax, and telephone).
• Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions. Flexibility to work extended hours based on business needs and demands.
• Minimum 2 years supervisory experienced required,
• Proven ability to exceed sales while meeting payroll goals, demonstrated ability to identify, hire, train, develop and retain top talent associates, demonstrates effective communication. Education
• High school education or equivalent. College degree preferred.Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends and able to perform multiple tasks.
• Experience using software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).This company is an equal opportunity employer.