Sales & MarketingLocation
The Westin Buffalo, 250 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Delaware North Companies. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring for a Sales Manager to join our team at The Westin Buffalo in Buffalo, New York. As a Sales Manager, you will develop key relationships with group leaders and contacts at the property to continue to improve the guest experience and increase revenue.
Minimum – Anticipated Maximum Salary: $55400 - $73400 / year
The advertised pay range represents what we believe at the time of this job posting, that we would be willing to pay for this position. Only in special circumstances, where a candidate has education, training, or experience that far exceeds the requirements for the position, would we consider paying higher than the stated range. Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at https://careers.delawarenorth.com/whatweoffer.
At Delaware North, we care about our team member’s personal and professional journeys. These are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Performance bonuses
- Paid vacation days and holidays
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement
- Generous friends-and-family discounts at many of our hotels and resorts
- Identify, qualify and solicit new business to achieve personal, department and hotel revenue goals.
- Maintain an active list of accounts and establish new client relationships to maximize revenue.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and overall market including competitors' strengths and weaknesses, industry trends and leverage knowledge to the benefit of personal and hotel sales efforts.
- Respond to incoming group opportunities for the hotel.
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close business and negotiate contracts.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations. Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings to develop business.
- Work collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g. Marriott Sales, CVB) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated and effective.
- Execute exemplary guest service to drive guest satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the guest and ensuring their satisfaction before, during and after their program.
- All other duties assigned.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the hospitality industry required.
- Hotel sales experience in at least two of the following markets: corporate, entertainment, sports, association, SMERF, or business transient is required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and deliver deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to problem-solve and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Roughly 5% of business travel is required, which may include evenings and weekends.