Sales & MarketingLocation
The Westin Resort & Spa Whistler, 4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, BC, Canada VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Aimbridge Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
- Drive revenue to achieve Hotel’s topline goals for The Westin Resort & Spa Whistler within the assigned geographic market and group segments.
- Develop segment expertise and sell accordingly.
- This position requires total account management to achieve strategic budgeted sales targets with an emphasis on group travel (10 rooms or more).
- The Ideal candidate will be working directly with key accounts to develop business volumes for the hotel, aggressively soliciting new accounts, must possess excellent communication skills and be self-motivated.
- Responsibilities include contracting and closing group business in addition to conducting site inspections.
- Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
- Achieves group revenue goals by actively up selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Achieves group revenue goals by responding to incoming group opportunities for the property that are within the pre-defined parameters
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them
- Develop, execute, and update action plans against existing and new target accounts to achieve sales revenue targets within the assigned market segment (group bookings from corporate accounts, associations, incentive companies and meeting planners)
- Prospect and penetrate new accounts for acquisition through a variety of channels. Convert new accounts into loyal accounts
- Develop and maintain prioritized prospecting of new accounts within assigned market using market information, resources and networking opportunities, focusing on short-term business as well as long-term growth
- Implement the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Serve the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty
- Gain understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during, the program/event
- Work closely with the conference services department to ensure maximization of available meeting space for group events (with rooms)
- Close the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts
- Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of group sales promotions
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Event Management
- Conducts site inspections, as required
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and industry meetings
- Plan and execute sales trips, sales calls, site visits and client entertainment
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for group sales opportunities. Work collaboratively with off-property sales channels, other properties’ regional sellers, Marriott Sales Organization, and industry partners such as Tourism Whistler to maximize market revenue potential and increase market share
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food, and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence)
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise because of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards, and procedures
- Utilize effective Customer Relationship Management techniques i.e. CI/TY and other initiatives to build and maintain relationships with active and potential clientele.
- Analyze and maintain knowledge of customers, market trends and competition
- Participate in regular business reviews and sales meetings
- Maintain positive communication with all departments in the hotel, especially with regards to rate integrity and participate in regular sales meetings
- Maintain accurate Sales records including detailed action plans/reports, as required
- Develop and motivate support staff, consistent with hotel needs through implementation of approved personnel programs and execution of succession planning
- Supervise support staff in the planning, administration, and execution of select client events and other sales and marketing promotions
- Undertake other ad hoc responsibilities, as required