Loss Prevention & SecurityLocation
Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel, 1551 N. Thoreau Drive, Schaumburg, Illinois, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Manages the daily functions of the department to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 1 year experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
• Completes all record keeping requirements in accordance with property and division standards to include the OSHA 200 log, OSHA 101, first report of injury, employee accident analysis, security analysis, key control and daily log documentation.
• Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Demonstrates knowledge of all brand loss prevention guidelines.
• Enforces random bag checks at the Loss Prevention Base Station and the red sticker policy.
• Complies with applicable laws and safety regulations.
• Follow proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Develop a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Holds Quarterly Meetings and coordinates "Cluster" meetings through the Director of Loss Prevention.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Maintains integrity of the Loss Prevention Department through unannounced "spot checks" of the property to identify areas in need of corrective action.
• Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Assists in all investigations for incidents related to both guests and employees.
• Assists in all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Assists in the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
• Assists in first aid program for guests and employees.
• Provides an open door policy.
• Provides escorts for employees and guests.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.Additional Responsibilities
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and the peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.