The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa, Salwa Road, Doha, Qatar, Qatar VIEW ON MAP Schedule
A PRO is essentially a government liaison officer whose responsibilities typically include: Handling visa applications (as well as renewals and cancellations) for expatriate employees, including liaising with the immigration department, the Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Also, a PRO is responsible for processing and carrying out all transactions relating to visas, permits, licenses, registration, pertaining to employees, hotel vehicles and the hotel itself, liaising with various Government Departments and Agencies and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Process all types of visas including employment visas, residence visas for employees as well as for entertainers
• Process and renew of permits and licenses including hotel trade license, liquor trading license, chamber of commerce certificates of registration, civil defense certificate for the hotel, etc.
• Process events and weddings licenses including Ministry of culture, information systems department and management of the security of establishments.
• Process and renew of entertainers permits / N.O.C through Department of Tourism
• Obtain permits for special promotions such as raffles, publishing or advertisement displays as required
• Be up to date with regard to any changes or amendments to the prevailing laws / rules / regulations, changes in forms / formats and other procedures and keep the Human Resources Department advised of such changes
• Submit relevant documents periodically to the immigration / labour office with regard to cancelled / absconding employees and delete from the hotel’s sponsorship list
• Complete departure and exit formalities for employees after cancellation of visas
• Obtain quarterly sponsorship reports from the immigration / labour office and tally sponsorships and re-submit to immigration / labour office with relevant support documents
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Westin, we are committed to empowering guests to regain control and enhance their well-being when they need it most while traveling, ensuring they can be the best version of themselves. To achieve the brand mission of becoming the preeminent wellness brand in hospitality, we need passionate and engaged associates to bring the brand’s unique programming to life. We want our associates to embrace their own well-being practices both on and off property. You are the ideal Westin candidate if you are passionate; you are active and take pride in how you maintain your well-being; you are optimistic; you are adventurous. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing globalteam, and become
the best version of you.