Finance & AccountingLocation
Southcentral Regional Office, 2701 Dallas Pkwy Suite 420, Plano, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Management JOB SUMMARY
A Claims Adjuster II is responsible for the timely, good faith adjustment and disposition of self-administered casualty claims in multiple jurisdictions. Responsibility extends to all aspects and phases of investigations, evaluations, negotiations and settlements/denials of the following claims: workers’ compensation, auto liability, no-fault uninsured motorist and general liability.SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS Scope
- Manage 100-150 casualty claims on assignment.
- Acceptable caseloads vary based on the jurisdiction(s), mix and complexity of Worker’s Compensation and General Liability cases as determined by Claims Unit Manager.
- Investigate claims promptly – taking statements as necessary – to determine liability/compensability.
- Evaluate damages and pay benefits as prescribed by law and/or Marriott policies and procedures.
- Secure necessary documentation to facilitate timely loss adjustment and maintain primary responsibility for settlement decisions up to individual authority.
- Complete and monitor timely WC payments/state filings.
- Monitor and actively manage WC medical treatment with the goal of minimizing disability. Consult Occupational Health Services as necessary.
- Manage litigation cases including controlling/directing outside attorneys, assisting in discovery/trial preparation and strategy.
- Evaluate claims for potential third party or subrogation recovery.
- Participate in the Service Call Program and complete required Service Call reports detailing current case status.
- Obtain insurance licensing, where required
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled unit meetings and department meetings.
- Comply with Marriott Casualty Claims Policy and Procedure Manual requirements.
- Effectively utilize the Valley Oaks System (iVOS) to manage all claims electronically.
- Enter action plan notes/website notes into iVOS.
- Participate in activities that foster teamwork and continuous quality improvement.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 18 months claims adjusting experience.
Education or Certification
- Ability to grasp and apply technical knowledge, including litigation case management and adjusting skills.
- Effective reasoning, analysis and decision-making skills.
- Effective influence skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong hospitality skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow up in a timely manner.
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), including the ability to deliver difficult messages to customers and/or claimants.
- Good investigation skills.
- Basic knowledge of claims process.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work well in a team, providing assistance to fellow associates and representing the mission of the unit.
- Possess a willingness to accept and respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Present oneself with a positive, professional demeanor.
- Communicate often with supervisor keeping him/her informed.
- Show dependability.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- College degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- Applicable industry licensing.
- Associate in Claims or Associate in Risk Management preferred.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?