“The world is yours with Meliá”
Joining Meliá is to embark on a journey without borders because the possibilities of growing and training here are endless. It is knowing that the world is yours and that you can work in many countries. And all with the feeling that you are part of a big family.
It means knowing that you have started one of the most exciting journeys of your life, a journey in which inspiration will always accompany you. Do you dare to be the owner of your professional career in an inspiring world? 😉🌟Because belonging to the great Meliá family is being VIP
You will enjoy My MeliáRewards
which is the exclusive loyalty programme for our employees with exclusive benefits and advantages.
In addition, enjoy the My MeliáBenefits
programme: with flexible remuneration, exclusive discounts on a variety of products and services, active and healthy lifestyles, and charitable initiatives. Be as proud to belong to Meliá as we are of you 😉 Melia Athens
is a proud member of Melia Hotels International with close proximity to the cosmopolitan shopping area and business district in Athens City Centre. Boasting 136 bedrooms, 3 restaurants, a sky bar, a rooftop pool and a wellness floor complete with gym, sauna, and steam room, Melia Athens is the perfect choice for both stylish business travelers and unique leisure guests.Job summary:
Responsible for the maintenance of company assets, compliance with technical and legal obligations, achievement of maintenance and energy budgets, the Risks AIP and SAVE for the business unit for which they work.What will you have to do?
What are we looking for?
- Manage, lead by example and coach the Maintenance Team (recruitment of new team members, performance management, administration tasks etc).
- Manage and follow up on the Departmental Budget (Energy Consumption, Renovation expenses, Maintenance Contracts, etc).
- Maintain the efficient operation of all Mechanical and Power plant: HVAC, Kitchen/Laundry Equipment, Gym /SPA/ Swimming Pool equipment, etc).
- Collect information daily and proceed to any needed actions from all associated departments relating to any form of equipment or defect that may contribute to the disruption of the hotels day to day operation.
- Ensure hotel maintenance plan is fully up to date and implemented. Plan and supervise any needed non-scheduled works.
- Aware of Health and Safety at Work regulations and Fire Precautions and Fire Fighting legislation and being the person of charge. Follow up when needed and make regular inspections.
- Get in contact with contractors as needed and supervise them accordingly.
At Meliá we are all VIP
- Degree in Engineering or similar studies.
- Knowledge of English.
- Experience in a similar position with extensive working knowledge of engineering operations.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of technical and supervisory experience in building engineering with a strong background in the field.
- Maintenance and overall system design and application.
- IT knowledge.
- Exposure to budgeting.
- Current knowledge of modern trends and applications in the field of Engineering.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and relevant certificates.
- Must have outstanding leadership & organizational skills and experience in managing a team of employees.
- Team player, professional and dependable.
Great professionals who make everyday life easier and exceptional. From the junior to the most senior, all of them have unique and important qualities that make working at Meliá an opportunity for constant growth and a passport to create your future wherever you want.
Our warmth, proximity and passion for what we do make working at Meliá an unforgettable experience, full of emotional moments and always with the feeling that you belong to a big family where we have people like you, VIP
People. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to be “Very Inspiring People
“, follow us on: INSTAGRAM – TWITTER – LINKEDIN – INDEED – GLASSDOOR