“The world is yours with Meliá”
Joining Meliá is to embark on a journey without borders because the possibilities of growing and training here are endless. It is knowing that the world is yours and that you can work in many countries. And all with the feeling that you are part of a big family.
It means knowing that you have started one of the most exciting journeys of your life, a journey in which inspiration will always accompany you. Do you dare to be the owner of your professional career in an inspiring world? 😉🌟Because belonging to the great Meliá family is being VIP
You will enjoy My MeliáRewards
which is the exclusive loyalty programme for our employees with exclusive benefits and advantages.
In addition, enjoy the My MeliáBenefits
programme: with flexible remuneration, exclusive discounts on a variety of products and services, active and healthy lifestyles, and charitable initiatives. Be as proud to belong to Meliá as we are of you 😉 Melia Athens
is a proud member of Melia Hotels International with close proximity to the cosmopolitan shopping area and business district in Athens City Centre. Boasting 136 bedrooms, 3 restaurants, a sky bar, a rooftop pool and a wellness floor complete with gym, sauna, and steam room, Melia Athens is the perfect choice for both stylish business travelers and unique leisure guests.We are currently looking for an experienced Sales Executive to join our team at Meliá Athens .Mission of the position
Responsible for generating business through the planning, implementation and execution of the strategies and actions described in the Business Plan in order to meet business goals.What will you have to do?
• Negotiates and reviews sales contracts with companies and agencies that have an exclusive impact on the hotel, as the rest of the contracts will be signed by the Director of Sales and MHI.
• Maintains consistent contact with high potential accounts. In case of detecting new accounts in the market based on segmentation and geographic origin of interest for Melia Hotels International, he/she will communicate this to the Director of Sales.
• Coordinates and participates in the different promotional activities and sales actions, both at the individual level of the hotel itself and in collaboration with the Regional Sales Managers, such as sales blitzes, exhibitions, fairs, forums, Fam trips, etc.
• Ensures the smooth running of inspection visits, fam trips and any other business opportunities that require attention while potential clients are visiting the hotel.
• Follows up on clients and those quotations that bring in significant business for the hotel.
• Promotes the hotel and maintains active representation in the community.
• Knows the competitors (their products, improvements, rates, strengths and weaknesses, RevPar, etc.) and keeps abreast of market trends.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of the hotel's characteristics, bedrooms, meeting rooms and capacities, restaurants, services, operating hours, rates, hotel and communication department policies.
• Prepares quotations for all requests for social events and meetings with less than 10 bedrooms per night that arrive at the hotel, regardless of their origin, always with the aim of obtaining the best possible business both in catering, meeting rooms and other hotel services. Once these services have been confirmed, he/she will draw up the corresponding service contract.
• Co-ordinates all operational details of the group and events, effectively communicating to all departments involved the characteristics and services required to carry them out successfully.
• Analyses the client's needs in order to start the upselling of food & beverage and services, maximizing the sales and profit of the contracted group or event.What are we looking for
• Higher studies in Tourism or Business or Marketing and Sales
• Very good knowledge of English, both oral and written. Any other language would be an asset.
• Hotel PMS
• Microsoft Office
• Minimum 2 years experience in hotel sales
• Proven experience in Portfolio expansion
• Always think ahead of what each action will mean for the business and know how to work with information, both financial and statistical, when making decisions
• Have a short and long-term vision of the business and know how to adapt the strategies according to the current situation of the hotel
• Know how to communicate the strategies that have been set and how to support the sales team in all that is necessary
• Know how to communicate with clients and hotel staff, establishing lasting professional relationships
• Maintain a positive attitude in all circumstances, as this will be reflected in the working environment At Meliá we are all VIP
Great professionals who make everyday life easier and exceptional. From the junior to the most senior, all of them have unique and important qualities that make working at Meliá an opportunity for constant growth and a passport to create your future wherever you want.
Our warmth, proximity and passion for what we do make working at Meliá an unforgettable experience, full of emotional moments and always with the feeling that you belong to a big family where we have people like you, VIP
People. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to be “Very Inspiring People
“, follow us on: INSTAGRAM – TWITTER – LINKEDIN – INDEED – GLASSDOOR