Costume Character and Special Events
Peppa Pig World of Play Chicago, D121 Woodfield Ma
Schaumburg, Illinois, 60173
Jump into the world of Peppa Pig to laugh, learn, and play! With 14 themed areas we will bring to life the world of Peppa Pig and spark the imagination of little piggies around the world. A job at Peppa Pig World of Play is a career that brings job satisfaction like no other. Delight children through the world of Peppa Pig and join the Merlin Entertainments family (our parent company) to relate to iconic brands like LEGOLAND, Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE and more! About the Role
We are currently recruiting for costume performers to be part of our costume character team bringing to life PEPPA and GEORGE. You will also be required to act as a buddy for our onsite characters, so very good visitor interaction along with great performance and improvisational skills are a must. This role entails a meet and greet photo element as well as potentially working in other roles across the attraction as required.About You
About the Perks
- Please note to apply for this role your height must be within the following height range: 5’2" to 5'5"
- An outgoing personality with high energy!
- Strong stamina and ability to move freely in costume
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent improvisation skills
- A proactive approach - being able to 'think on your feet' and take ownership of issues that may rise.
- A desire to create memorable experiences for guests.
- Team player - ability to work within a close knit team while also being able to work independently.
- Previous or demonstrable experience of working to a high standard within an Entertainments or Performance setting is preferred but not essential. Full training is provided.
- In order to apply for this role you must be at least 16 years of age.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
- Flexible hours
- 30% discount in the retail store
- Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions worldwide
- Competitive 401K
- FUN working environment and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry. We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to perform their best at interview, so if you have any additional requirements due to ill health or a disability, please contact our friendly team to have a discussion. You can get in contact at NAPeopleHUB@merlinentertainments.biz.