Descripción de empleo
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available to join a dynamic growing legal team at a senior level for the Qatar Airways group, the Senior manager will report directly into the general counsel and be accountable and responsible to lead / manage a team of contract and legal specialists in addressing contentious matters including commercial litigation and regulatory disputes. You will also oversee the drafting and negotiating of commercial contracts and other documentation as required for the group of companies.
- Develop or amend company policies and/or legal documentation, in conjunction with the Contracts Department PSL, to mitigate the risk of future litigation.
- Develop, monitor and make recommendations in respect of balance between and in house resource and external counsel in managing litigation and pre-litigation matters. Evaluate value of spend on external counsel.
- Negotiating, drafting and implementing a wide variety of complex, multiparty agreements.
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of procedures and protocols for business stakeholders for escalating disputes to the Contracts Department
- Provide timely advice to team and stakeholders in managing pre-litigation disputes with suppliers and third parties.
- Draft/review correspondence at pre-litigation stage to ensure business interests are protected.
- Liaise with and manage external counsel as required in addressing disputes, litigation and dispute resolution processes such a mediation and arbitration.
- Review, draft, interpret and negotiate major contracts to monitor the risk, minimize exposure and make sure the Company’s interests in the contract are protected.
- Assist and support other Qatar Airways Departments with contract interpretation and implementation.
- Provide proactive legal assistance and advice on various issues such as dispute resolution and regulatory matters.
- Advise on liability and legal exposure to the company.
- Summarise, analyse and/or distil external counsel advice obtained on issues relating to the dispute/litigation and convey in succinct terms the same to the Executive Management.
- Understand and summarise complex legal issues relating to the dispute/litigation in the context of the business and its commercial interests and advise the Executive Management of its options accordingly.
- Continuously review and update Contracts templates, in conjunction with the Contracts Department PSL, and standard terms and conditions ensuring they mitigate risk of disputes between parties and apply lessons from any disputes/litigation.
- Administer the resolution of legal disputes through litigation or arbitration or compromise or the like as appropriate to protect the company’s legal remedies.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level (Master’s or Higher an added bonus)
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Litigation/dispute resolution experience.
- Excellent contract drafting skills
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to function under pressure and work on various projects simultaneously.
- Ability to grasp new areas of law rapidly and accurately
- Managerial skills - Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster team work among team members.
¿Estás interesado en esta oportunidad?