From our dazzling location in the heart of Miami, SLS offers both our staff and our guests a hip, cutting-edge experience in the world of hotels as theater. We have an exciting job opportunity to join our F&B Team as a Line Cook located at SLS South Beach in Miami. JOIN THE SLS FAMILY TODAY!Job Description Job Purpose:
Under the general guidance of the Executive Sous Chef, perform the daily execution of all assigned Line Cook production. This position is responsible for ensuring the highest quality food is served at all times. The Line Cook handles all aspects of their assigned cooking station – sets up, stock product, cook, and presents dishes according to SLS Group recipes, cleans, sanitizes and maintains equipment, utensils and tools. Duties & Functions:
- Must love and support their TEAM!
- Must love and take care of guests!
- Must say “yes” and “thank you” often!
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be excited about change and an evolving environment
- Ensures all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out basis
- Maintains a solid knowledge of all food products and is able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Identifies and safely uses all kitchen equipment
- Regularly restocks all kitchen supplies and food items required for service
- Properly labels and dates all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Applies basic knife skills required for service
- Reads, measures, and executes recipes
- Maintains a solid menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation
- Able to versatile with hot and cold items
- Exhibits a solid knowledge, understanding and application of various cooking techniques
- Maintains a solid knowledge, understand and preparation of base sauces, stocks and soups
- Works as a team, assisting with all needs and inquiries
- Effectively communicates with management and Chefs
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
- Continuous use of hands and arms
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
- We recognize we are in the hospitality industry and that may require us to provide lateral service. We will on occasion call for each individual in the team to on a routine basis perform various related tasks as needed in the spirit of providing exceptional service
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of SLS are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with SLS’s policies and procedures.
Assimilate into SLS’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all SLS elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by SLS from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property. SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment. GROOMING/UNIFORMS
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process. OTHER
Additional language ability preferred.Qualifications SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Minimum of one year of fast food production or kitchen food production
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Must have an exceptional personality and hospitality driven attitude
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.