We are looking for a Sales Intern to join us at The Hoxton, Amsterdam.
Once the Mayor’s home, now our home, on Amsterdam’s Herengracht canal. The Hoxton, Amsterdam houses 111 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Lotti’s.
Reporting to the Director of Sales
you will be responsible for supporting the on-property sales department in executing day-to-day sales. What you'll do...
What we're looking for...
- Assisting on-property M&E Coordinator with daily tasks such as putting dates on hold and entering new enquiries into Opera S&C
- Ensuring all sales administration is completed effectively and accurately to provide a smooth handover to the operations team and Apartment Host
- Following up on provisional bookings and supporting in conversion and diary administration
- Assisting the team in the sending out and following up of all contracts
- Accepting and filing signed contracts within 3 days of offer
- Sending invoices
- Taking payments for deposits / full balances when required
- Adding new contacts to existing client database on a daily basis
- Maintaining a clean contacts list in Opera S&C
- Ensuring all third-party websites are well maintained and seasonal offers are loaded
- Supporting the sales team with the researching and qualification of new sales leads for all properties
- Completing competitor spot checks and researching key contact for any leads
- Supporting the Sales Executive with corporate RFP loadings and MAL (Master Account List) update during RFP negotiation season
- Assisting the Head of Sales on sales projects
What's in it for you...
- You are currently studying at a European hotelschool (Hospitality Management). The internship is only available for management trainees
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for sales
- Good level of IT Skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and targets
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Excellent grooming standards
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Positive attitude
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You get us. You know our hotels, maybe you’ve hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning.
- You get shit done
- We do like to try (almost) everything once – so do you
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
- You care about the detail
- You are you. No clones in suits for us
- Your glass is half full, always
More about us…
- Internship reimbursement of €750 per month
- Goes without saying, but you get a free meal when on shift.
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.