The Hoxton is looking for an Events Coordinator!
In April 2022 we’ve opened our first Hoxton in El Poblenou in the city of Barcelona and we’re looking for a charismatic Events Coordinator
to join our hox team in Barcelona for the season 2023.
Reporting to the Events Ops Manager
, you will be responsible to support the smooth running of day and evening functions, meetings and events, making sure the guests that use our space have a brilliant experience whether it is for a business meeting or a social occasion.
This is our 11th Hoxton and the hotel boasts 240 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and deli shop, a rooftop restaurant and pool, a huge basement events space and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept). What you’ll do…
What we’re looking for…
- Assist with managing day and evening events, working within the strategy and events programme set.
- Liaise closely with our Groups and Events team to ensure a seamless line of communication, so our guests have a fantastic and unique experience.
- Pro-actively provide input and feedback, look for opportunities to improve and innovate how we’re using the space and how we manage it.
- Whether it’s setting up the space for day or evening, handling ad-hoc requests and queries, dealing with invoices or gathering feedback – we rely on you to ensure internal and external customers have the best possible experience with us.
- Handle stock & expenses and manage the relationship with our events suppliers & contractors.
- Take overall responsibility for the health & safety of anyone using the area, including yourself.
- Provide a secure environment for customers and their property.
What's in it for you...
- Previous experience in a similar hospitality event operations management role in a busy, bustling environment. You’ve possible worked in restaurant groups, hotels or contract events catering before.
- Previous experience in Food and Beverage operations.
- Having used Micro Fidelio Opera or a similar front desk operating system would be a big advantage.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, additional languages will be highly valuable.
- Exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, juggling many things at once, but always dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here!
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- Enthusiastic, confident and warm, you want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun with it along the way.
- Open and honest, with exemplary communication skill – we’re in this together.
- Flexibility in your week to week rota as business demands are variable.
More about us...
- A competitive package and plenty of opportunity for development.
- Type of contract: Fijo discontinuo (up to 10 months).
- The opportunity to be part of the Events Ops function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- It’s ok not to be Ok, we have a confidential hotline for any support you require about anything and a network of mental health first aiders.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces. Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a email@example.com .