A new home for The Hoxton, in Vienna, Austria
The Hoxton is continuing its expansion in Europe as we get set to open in another new country and city. Our first Hoxton in Austria will be in the beautiful City of Music, Vienna. Known for its wonderful quality of life we can’t wait to explore every corner of our newest neighbourhood but first we need a team to help us bring the Hox to the market. We are now looking for an experienced Director of Food & Beverage
to join our team and play a crucial role in successfully launching in this new destination.
You will not go hungry at The Hoxton in Vienna! The hotel will feature 196 bedrooms of varying sizes, a large ground floor restaurant, bar, lobby and terrace, an incredible rooftop restaurant, bar and swimming pool, a basement bar and event spaces including a large auditorium.
Reporting to the General Manager and with a dotted line to the VP Food & Beverage, you will be responsible for all F&B operations throughout the hotel. What you'll do...
What we're looking for...
- Lead a dynamic pre-opening team, overseeing multiple food and beverage outlets, including a diverse events space.
- Drive revenue through strategic management of commercial initiatives with the leadership team. Your creativity will inspire the team to deliver beyond set expectations.
- Have a firm grip on the P&L and take ownership over the costs of the business, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst keeping the quality high and the experience top notch.
- Work closely with the Head Chef on menu development and to ensure food quality and consistency is always where it should be.
- Both guest and team experience will be at the heart of all you do. You will lead from the front and your presence in the business will be felt by the team and guests alike.
What's in it for you...
- A track record of leading large teams in restaurants, kitchens and bars; you’re a natural at inspiring trust and bringing others along on a journey.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar food and beverage management/director role, either across multiple sites or a single £4m+ revenue per year business.
- Multi departmental budgeting and forecasting experience; a clear understanding of the financial expectations of a successful restaurant and bar business.
- An ability to manage the budget on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You’ll be expected to report results with a granular understanding of the ongoing trends of the business.
- Exceptional attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, juggling many things at once, but always dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s.
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get things done.
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once.
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way.
- The opportunity to head up our Food & Beverage function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Vienna
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- A monthly gross wage is offered for this position in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement for the hotel and catering industry. Depending on your professional qualifications and experience the Company reserves the right to offer above this.