Responsible for the management of all aspects of Concierge functions in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a concierge service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective staff. Responsible for developing and maintaining the acknowledgment and service of all guests visiting the location. Ensures all departments are aware of all guests’ needs and information prior to arrival that will lead to a unique, memorable and personal stay.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Concierge Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Keeps concierge team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
• Establishes an effective database to be used by all team members for restaurant and local attractions.
• Establishes relationships with local attractions, restaurants and other businesses to enhance guests’ experiences.
• Provides recommendations and arranges services for guests as requested (e.g., car rental, airline and train tickets, office services, beauty and barber services, baby sitting, repairs, shopping).
• Maintains awareness of cultural differences needed to meet guest's specific needs and requirements.
• Provides check-in and check-out services and handles reservations when needed.
• Maintains knowledge of rooms and their locations, services and facilities of the hotel.
• Ensures repeat and VIP guests are receiving appropriate service and ensures their requests are carried out.
• Responds to emergency situations using appropriate procedures.
• Maintains awareness of daily operations and events at the hotel.
• Maintains knowledge of daily house-count, arrivals/departures, VIPs, scheduled in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements
• Complete and communicates employee schedules.
• Provides warm welcome and anticipation of guest needs throughout their stay.
• Inspects grooming and attire of staff and makes recommendations for immediate rectification of any deficiencies.
Managing Concierge Team
• Supervises all activities of concierge team.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures concierge team effectively handles guest requests and adheres to all hotel policies, procedures and standards while striving towards total guest satisfaction.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Ensures concierge team provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the front of house goals to produce desired results.
• Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
• Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
o Guest Services - Knowledge of procedures for wake-up services, safe deposit boxes, room and property amenities, property-specific programs (e.g., kids programs), guest rewards programs, and local attractions.
o Front Desk - Knowledge of procedures and policies for check-in/check-out; pre-arrival planning; Marriott Rewards Program; Corporate-sponsored programs; Property based systems (i.e., MGS, MARSHA, PMS, Fidelio Opera, FOSSE, Call Accounting, Voicemail, Movies, Key); vendors, products, services, and merchandise; front desk supply management; room inventory management.
o Problem Resolution- Ability to record, track and resolve guest problems via property software (i.e. Guestware, FOSSE, etc.) handle emergencies, and effectively deal with customer issues and complaints.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Según convenio de hospedaje de Madrid
Comidas durante los turnos de trabajo
Uniforme y servicio de lavandería para el mismo
Beneficios en hoteles Marriott a nivele mundial en noches y F&B
Formaciones de Marriott y EDITION
Posibilidades de crecimiento profesional
Experiencia en Conserjería o Recepción en Madrid - Si tiene llaves de Oro se considerará un plus
Experiencia en gestión de equipo
Experiencia en hotel 5 estrellas se considerará un plus
Buen conocimiento de la ciudad de Madrid
Idiomas requeridos: Inglés y Español.
The Madrid EDITION will showcase 200 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites, some with terraces and five unique food and beverage outlets including a signature restaurant, cocktail bar, Sky Bar and rooftop terrace, together with an outdoor pool, state-of-the-art fitness center and spa. Flexible studios with over 350sqm of dedicated space will host creative meetings and events for large or small groups.
Set in a tranquil square surrounded by historic buildings, The Madrid EDITION is near Puerta de Sol in the heart of the Spanish capital, one of the city’s most famous sites, and within walking distance to The Golden Triangle of Art – three of the most important art museums in Madrid.