Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry-leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home.
We believe that we are better together, and we welcome you for who you are. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identity, ability and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel and together find the good out there. We operate a hybrid work schedule, allowing you the flexibility to work remotely in the UK, or hybrid from the Oxford or London Tripadvisor offices. We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done.
We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to join our team to lead the Revenue Management function. The Revenue Management team’s charter is to maximise long-term Viator revenue through the productization of our sort and recommendations to accommodate multiple (and sometimes conflicting objectives) and leveraging different Pricing Models and Tools. The function would work closely with different departments such as the Data, Machine learning and App/Web teams to surface new capabilities across our estate.
As a Director of Engineering you will lead the Engineering efforts for Revenue Management, overseeing a pod of engineers to start with and helping the team scale to multiple PODs working on different streams of work in a fast-paced agile environment. You will manage other managers, helping them to grow their careers at Viator. You will own the processes and technologies used in your areas and work in a truly collaborative team alongside other Engineering leads, product managers, designers and analysts.
A key part of the role will require you to understand industry trends in the pricing and discounts/promos space while providing Thought leadership to define the overall roadmap for this function.
We’re looking for someone who can fit into our collaborative culture. We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Key attributes would include openness, integrity, collaborative decision making and an informal, direct, communication style.
If you’re interested, our requirements are:
- At least eight years’ experience of managing multiple PODs of software engineering teams with experience in working in a two-sided marketplace company where you understand the business context and challenges
- Evidence of defining and developing a successful API-based architecture
- Understanding and exposure to Data science and Machine learning models and Platforms
- Knowledge of different pricing models and Engines is a plus
- Prior experience in Cloud technologies preferably AWS
- Ability to partner with Product teams effectively
- Strong ability to influence teams in a cross-functional collaborative environment
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex technology-focused projects.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to successfully grow effective teams.
- Background of breaking down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Experience of working with international teams and vendors would be beneficial.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org