Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find and book something you'll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near and far from home. We believe that we are better together, and at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel and together find the good out there.
The Viator Traveller Engineering team is distributed across Europe and is responsible for viator.com, the Viator mobile apps and all their supporting infrastructure.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Principal Software Engineer
to join our fast-growing team in MarketPlace services. This role is a hybrid role based out of either the Oxford or London UK TripAdvisor offices.
The Viator Marketplace Services team is responsible for building and supporting a world-class set of complex business services which are exposed through APIs to other teams within Viator. These services underpin viator.com and the Viator native apps, as well as business-to-business systems used by our suppliers and a wide range of third parties who carry our inventory, including Tripadvisor.
Within Viator we have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done.
Working closely alongside product managers and designers, our engineers are part of the full process from software design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again. Most of our engineers release code to production every few days and we have a daily release cycle.
Viator’s web stack includes Java, React, TypeScript, GraphQL,Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL databases, and runs on AWS. You don’t need to have experience with everything listed but you do need to be hungry to learn. You will need to have experience of a statically typed, object-oriented language such as Java, C# or C++
If you’re interested, our requirements are:
What you’ll get
- At least eight years’ experience of working on complex systems, ideally product-focussed and working on or supporting a high traffic website or app
- Evidence of defining and developing a successful API-based architecture.
- Identify/support/Execute on company wide opportunities working with a number of stakeholders spanning Tech managers, Developers and business stakeholders
- Execute on large projects to a high quality of standard and provide guidance to other teams and developers working on the project around complex technical challenges
- Participate in defining solution design for complex problems involving a number of teams
- Help Define Technology roadmap for a number of systems within Marketplace services area
- Ability and experience in building highly scalable systems
- Strong understanding and appreciation of Microservices based architecture
- Strong knowledge of various design patterns
- Detailed knowledge of Web and App application architecture/infrastructure.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex technology-focused projects.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Background of breaking down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews and excellent career growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours & hybrid working, with a minimum of 1 day per week in the Oxford or London office
- Free meals in the office
- Full family private healthcare and dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness and full life cover
- Standard 25 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays), increasing with tenure
- £1,050 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- “Summer Fridays” scheme allowing extra days off during the summer.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 45 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Three one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - and what you would bring to Viator.