Descripción de empleo
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there. We believe in championing the diverse perspectives, experiences, voices, and abilities of our employees, travelers, candidates, business partners, and industry peers. This inspires us to think bigger, act more fearlessly, improve constantly, and always remember – we are better together.
We are looking for a highly experienced software engineer with expertise in web applications to join our world-class engineering team that builds and maintains the platform on which our globally known web application operates across 43 markets and 22 languages. This platform provides a modern, React-based, CI/CD development environment for 200+ engineers globally for an isomorphic web application servicing our 490 million monthly active users as well as supporting SEO and crawlers.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be expected to provide technical leadership and mentorship across the organization on web standards, quality, performance, and architecture. You will also take a lead/ownership role in the operations and support of our NodeJS microservices that provide server side rendering of our web application.
What are we looking for?
- 8+ years of experience in commercial software development including leadership and operations experience (level flexible based on past experience)
- Expertise in web development (specifically React), web standards, web application performance, and web application build pipelines (i.e. transpilation, bundling, type checking, linting, etc.)
- Expertise in NodeJS (particularly operations) and server-side rendering of web pages
- Experience with Microservices-based architecture
- Prior experience with Java a plus
What you’ll get
Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At Tripadvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Annual bonus program
- Stock grant
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 401k Matching Program
- Excellent health & dental options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Summer Fridays
- Annual Wellness & Fitness Benefit
- Annual personal travel reimbursement
- Life & Accident Insurance coverage
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- + much more!
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com .