Descripción de empleo
Prepare meals to the fullest satisfaction of our guests in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards and HACCP rules.
• Professional preparation and distribution of daily meals including breakfast, lunch, tea time, dinner, etc. for crew and guests in accordance with Executive Chef manual and menu cycle
• Ordering of stock in cooperation with Executive Chef
• Correct handling of all products and equipment
• Ensuring of perfect cleanliness in working area in accordance with HACCP rules
• Conducting stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
• Preparation to open and close ships at start and end of season
• Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
• Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
• Participation in loading processes
• Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
• Active participation in onboard training programs
• Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
• The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
• The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
• Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
• Min. 2 years professional experience in hotel /catering industry/ restaurants
• International experience /ship experience is an asset
• Good English skills, other languages are an asset
• Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
• Ability to train and motivate subordinates
• Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, neat appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Executive Chef Manual
THE VIKING STORY
More than 20 years ago, Viking® set the standard for what river cruising should be, and today we are the leader that all others follow. In 2015, we took the same small ship, destination-focused experience to the seas and reinvented ocean cruising. Over the years Viking has won numerous ocean and river cruise line awards from Condé Nast Traveler, Cruise Critic, Travel + Leisure, Travel Weekly and more.
Viking is a strong and dynamic company—with a growing fleet of more than 80 river ships and seven ocean vessels cruising over 100 itineraries around the world. In 2022, our guests will experience all the comfort and elegance of our award-winning fleet with two expedition ships built specifically to explore the world's most remote destinations. We will also expand our operations to the U.S. with the addition of a new Mississippi River ship.
JOIN THE VIKING FAMILY
If you have always dreamed of combining your love of travel with the ability to grow your career, consider a position at Viking. We are the world’s leading small ship cruise line, and there is tremendous potential to advance your career with us. As part of our crew, when your ship is docked at the many destinations we visit, you can explore ashore and refresh during your free time.
Additionally, with Viking’s award-winning service and thoughtfully curated onboard experiences, our guests are typically very satisfied. This, combined with Viking’s gratuity guidelines, means that you can expect to be well rewarded as an employee on board a Viking ship.