A Bartender is a front of the house role for the bar. This person should know how to suggest, mix, and serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in a most professional and knowledgeable manner.
The person in this role creates an instantly relaxed atmosphere, while putting on a show every time they prepare a beverage. Their creativity and willingness to experiment with drinks and combinations brings guests satisfaction. This job also includes always keeping the bar area clean and tidy.
Bartender Job Description
• Setting up the mise en place at the bar, checking ingredient stocks and refilling snack and drink coolers.
• Explaining the compositions of cocktails and other drink flavours to guests.
• Submitting orders to suppliers in a timely manner.
• Using a great skill set and tested recipes for mixing drinks.
• Mesmerizing our guests by making delicious drink combinations with their favorite ingredients.
• Multitasking by shaking cocktails, making coffee, serving wines, and entertaining guests at the same time.
• Being firm yet polite with difficult customers in order to resolve complaints and issues swiftly.
The person in this role should meet the following requirements:
• A well-groomed appearance.
• Excellent knowledge of and affinity with cocktails, spirits, mixers and other ingredients used.
• A hospitable and service-oriented personality.
• Strong teamwork capabilities and listening skills.
• Polite and discreet with a helpful behavior, especially when resolving guest complaints.
• Willingness to experiment, learn and receive feedback.
• Fluency in English and German, also Spanish and Portuguese would be a plus.
Idioma requerido: Inglés. Alemán, Portugués y Español son un plus
Vila Joya – Feels like Home, tastes like Paradise!
Vila Joya is located above the Atlantic and is surrounded by an evergreen garden with direct access to the sea. With its 13 rooms and 9 suites, a two Michelin star gourmet restaurant and 350m2 spa and fitness area, this Moorish style building - formerly the private summer residence of the German Jung family - is now one of the most beautiful privately-run boutique resorts in Europe.
The terrace with views across the garden and towards the Atlantic forms the heart of Vila Joya and as such is the hub and focal point for all culinary delights. From breakfast to dinner, the terrace is the place where guests come together. At lunch- and dinnertime, the terrace is transformed into a two Michelin star restaurant headed by the patron Dieter Koschina. The Austrian chef has been working at Vila Joya for more than 28 years and secured his first Michelin star in 1995 and his second in 1999. Chef Koschina is an essential part of the gem which is Vila Joya – and he is also one of Portugal’s highly decorated chefs.