Culinary Arts Trainee at Fairmont Austin
À propos du poste
Internship in Austin - Culinary Arts at Fairmont Austin
Description of the Property:
Fairmont Austin, a towering icon in the vibrant Central Business District, is uniquely situated in downtown Austin amidst the lush greenery of Palm Park and Waller Creek. This 37-story luxury hotel boasts 1,048 elegantly furnished guest rooms and suites, offering picturesque views of Lady Bird Lake, the cityscape, and the State Capitol. Immerse yourself in world-class luxury and enjoy the summer at Austin's largest rooftop pool. Take a refreshing dip, relax by the poolside, and savor a menu of summer-inspired cocktails and elevated Latin cuisine. Learn more about our pool and cabana offerings here.
Description of the Training:
Acquire invaluable skills and knowledge while embarking on a journey into the hospitality industry through a J-1 program at our unique luxury resort in Waimea, Hawaii. Experience training in a diverse and multicultural environment, guided by industry leaders in the guest services field. As you rotate through various outlets on the property, this program aims to provide you with exposure to the international hospitality industry and equip you with the expertise to excel in your career upon your return to your home country.
Description of the Position:
Engage in comprehensive training across all areas of Food & Beverage and Culinary Arts while working alongside renowned chefs, managers, and supervisors who are eager to share their knowledge with you! Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring high quality and consistent service in accordance with the hotel's standards
• Assisting professionals across multiple outlets and performing tasks as required
• Ensuring compliance with all hotel standards
• Striving to achieve departmental targets
• Maintaining cleanliness in work areas
• Adhering to all hotel health and safety policies during training
• Fulfilling any other reasonable duties as assigned.
À propos de vous
• Conversational English required;
• Must be a current student of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution;
• Or recent graduate (less than 12 months ago) of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution;
• Or a graduate of a Hospitality or Tourism post-secondary academic institution (more than 12 months ago,) with 12 months of verifiable related work experience;
• Or must have 5 years of verifiable related work experience.
• Willingness to learn and follow instructions;
• Positive attitude;
• Good communication skills;
• Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service;
• A polished and professional appearance and compliance with Hotel grooming standards;
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations;
• Ability to work calmly while meeting deadlines.
To solve youth unemployment, one internship at a time.
We strive to become an international company that places students and young professionals from all over the world in the working and living environments that helps build a successful career.
To help our participants travel, live and work abroad.
We are committed to providing the best service and being remembered for helping them acquire the technical and soft skills, and develop their professional network.