Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
As Assistant General Manager, you are responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Oak – Long Bar & Kitchen which includes maximizing the service experience for the guests and ensuring that all receive superior service. You will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurant feel unique and valued.
Reporting to the General Manager, Oak – Long Bar & Kitchen, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily supervision, coordination and direction of all colleagues
- Maintaining high staff morale and team spirit within the department
- Leading and coaching all colleagues and leaders in the department
- Maintaining impeccable health and service standards and providing leadership to the front of house staff
- Providing insight and guidance to every member of the team, while organizing and supervising staff schedules, side-work, cleanliness of restaurant as well as bar service matters
- Ensure that all guests have an exemplary experience and should have an appreciation for true hospitality
- Work closely with the Bar Manager to assist with creation of cocktails, management of wine lists, inventory and staff training
- Overall recruiting, staffing and scheduling ensuring adequate staffing levels to satisfy guest needs.
- Create and implement colleague-training initiatives
- Work together with the culinary & stewarding team to ensure that all food service meets or exceeds guest expectations and to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Control and analyzes the level on the Quality of Service, Guest Satisfaction, Employees Satisfaction, Operating Equipment, Grooming Standard
- Conduct Training, Promotional Plans, Interviewing, Employee Orientation, Job Performance Management
- Participate in service as necessary in accordance with restaurant needs
- Control stocks for daily use in the Outlet to ensure service requirement of the are met
- Create and innovate new ideas and promotion to generate revenue
- Liaise with Restaurant Chef and Executive Steward to ensure exceptional work standards
- Maintain the Outlet’s cleanliness as well as ensuring all maintenance needs are looked after
- Participate in the preparation of the Food and Beverage department budget and goals
- Schedule guest reservations and arrange for private functions or special events
- Check opening and closing duties assigned to all the colleague
- Ensure that the outlet maintain the high quality service standard are implemented
- Perform daily checks on staffing level, quality control, maintenance and cleanliness
- Minimum 3 years experience in F&B management in a luxury property preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills
- Goal and results oriented
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential
- International experience an asset
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, sitting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Be a part of over 100 years of exceptional service at The Fairmont Copley Plaza, the Grand Dame of Boston, located in historic Back Bay. The Fairmont Copley Plaza is proud to be named in The Boston Globe’s Top 100 Employers for 2011.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Fairmont Copley Plaza is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.