Come and join us in bringing the Raffles experience to London
The Raffles name is synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary adventure. Raffles London at The OWO on London’s Whitehall, unites the allure and heritage of Raffles with one of the world’s most historic addresses.
This fine Grade II* Edwardian building has been transformed into a spectacular stage for dazzling celebrations; with fine dining, lively bars, the latest in wellness and beauty therapies, the most luxurious suites and rooms, versatile ballroom and event space. Within these much-storied walls, where legendary statesmen and women once shaped the modern world, guests are now invited to discover new and inspiring emotions and connections. At Raffles, you arrive as a guest, leave as a friend and return as family.
An exceptional opportunity presents itself for a Luggage Porter to be part of an iconic London Opening.
Reporting into Head Concierge, you will be a direct point of contact for guests in the lobby and work with the concierge team to provide any answers to questions they may have. To assist guests with their luggage and delivering it to their rooms as promptly as possible. Run errands for guests and employees.
To handle all guest luggage, packages, and parcels with the utmost care and attention to detail. To provide a genuine, attentive, friendly, positive and proactive service to our guests as well as managing the public areas of the hotel, ensuring that guest and departmental expectations are met exceeding the high standards required by the company.
Specifically as the Luggage Porter:
- You will promote positive colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and continuous feedback.
- You will be an effective communicator, who adheres to both legal/statutory responsibilities and Company Policies and procedures.
- Handling all guest luggage, packages, and parcels with the utmost care.
- Attention to detail.
- Providing a genuine, attentive, friendly, positive and proactive service to our guests as well as managing the public areas of the hotel.
- Ensuring that guest and departmental expectations are met exceeding the high standards required by the company.
What are we looking for?
- Driving licence desirable
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in English, both verbal and written.
- Recent experience within in 5-star hotels or a similar role
- Enthusiasm and commitment to delivering and offering the best service and experiences possible in any situation.
- Proven track record of surprising and delighting guests to provide exceptional service.
- Able to work within a team.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- To be detail-oriented
- Distinctive, professional and warm personality
Why join our Raffles team?
- You will be offered a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays plus a day extra for every year of your service up to 5 years
- Length of service awards for every year of service
- We offer Life Assurance to all our colleagues
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Free dry cleaning for uniform and an allowance for personal items
- Season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Colleague gifting to celebrate special occasions
- Paid days off to move house or give back time to a charity of your choice*
- Internal learning and development programmes tailored to you
- Fun-filled events, whether that’s a pub quiz, team run or festive party.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates of up to 30% at Accor worldwide
- Worldwide development opportunities across Accor’s extensive brand portfolio