Description du poste
SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
The Divisional Director of Sales, Southern Europe is responsible for driving performance of the sales teams, achieving and exceeding goals of revenue generation, in two specific areas:
- “inbound” for the assigned set of properties within the Division, from all geographic feeder markets; assigned set of properties include: all hotel assets in Italy, Spain and Portugal; new assets acquired by the company and located in Southern Europe.
- “outbound” for the entire Belmond portfolio, from the assigned geographic market and segments; assigned geographic markets include both owned and outsourced Corporate Sales Offices located in Italy and Spain, as well as any future expansion of the corporate sales network within the Southern Europe Area
With a dual responsibility, the role will be:
- Supervising and assisting the Property Directors of Sales within the Division;
- Leading and Directing the Belmond Account Directors within the assigned geographic territories and segments.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inbound (Property Sales)
- Assist Property Directors of Sales and work alongside the Revenue Manager, Financial Controller and General Manager in formulating the annual property revenue budget, rate structure and pricing strategy, liaising with the Divisional and the Corporate Commercial Team (VP Global Sales, VP Revenue Management, SVP Commercial).
- Provide assistance and guidance on the annual budget of sales & marketing costs, monitoring expenses and ensuring there is no overspending.
- Supervise production and implementation of the annual strategic sales action plan for every Property within the Division
- Support GMs in ensuring the staffing in Sales department at Property is aligned to business needs, both from a quantitative and qualitative aspect.
- Collaborate with VP Global Sales to ensure that local, regional and divisional strategies are fully synchronized and aligned.
- Monitor the Properties’ PACE and financial performance (past, current and future) collaborating with both the Property Revenue Management teams and Corporate Commercial leadership.
- Identify challenges in revenue generation well in advance and proactively design and implement corrective steps.
- Participate and contribute in regular Asset Management, Revenue Alignment and Forecast meetings for the Properties within the Division.
- Conduct periodical divisional sales meetings to provide updates on relevant Corporate news and to receive latest business updates and property performance from all markets and segments.
- Attend monthly calls with all other Divisional Directors of Sales and VP of Global Sales to maintain dynamic communication, exchange best practices and keep close alignment at global level.
- Feed the General Managers within the division and the Divisional leader with professional advisory and up to date market intelligence information, producing relevant reports as and when necessary.
- Define tactical and seasonal promotions in collaboration with Property Directors of Sales and Revenue Managers.
- Make regular personal visits onsite to all Properties within the division.
- Implement a consistent Sales Incentive Plan and KPIs for all Property Directors of Sales within the division and their teams.
- Ensure that Company SOPs are fully adhered to by all sales employees within the division in using the company’s Account Management system, the PMS, CRM and all Business Intelligence tools provided.
- Protect security and confidentiality of all guests, customers, employees and Company information
Outbound (Account Directors)
- Lead and motivate the team of Account Directors within the assigned markets to achieve and exceed sales results.
- Define and implement a tight account management strategy and action plan, aimed at delivering the budgeted revenue generation for every account, ensuring that sales targets for each Belmond region are met from every feeder source market or segment in the division.
- Prepare the annual sales budget for all Account Directors within the division, for submission to and approval by the VP, Global Sales.
- Contribute with other Divisional Directors of Sales and VP, Global Sales to the preparation of the annual Global Sales Events Calendar.
- Plan and approve Account Directors’ attendance to sales trips, roadshows and trade shows, avoiding duplication of efforts and ensuring sufficient coverage is provided to both key and emerging geographic markets / segments.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of all Sales Events (customer events, roadshows, trade shows, conferences, etc.) taking place within the assigned geographies.
- Ensure that all sales events are delivered “on brand” and partnerships with other LVMH maisons are leveraged whenever of reciprocal interest.
- Nurture and develop mutually beneficial Strategic Partnerships aimed at increasing the volume of business and identifying new revenue streams.
- Maintain close relationships with key decision-makers and influencers in all relevant markets and segments.
- Define, in collaboration with VP Global Sales, the individual KPIs based on revenue generation from the set of owned accounts and the targets for each geographic region of the Belmond portfolio.
- Hold regular review meetings to monitor year-to-date productivity of each Account Director; provide guidance and support in directing efforts to rectify negative trends when forecasted achievement of goals falls below expectations.
- Monitor and manage expenditure of agreed annual sales budgets, ensuring Account Directors remain within their assigned budget limits.
- Complete annual performance reviews and personnel appraisals for all direct reports, and ensure that direct report is in turn diligently completely annual appraisals for their teams.
Competitive salary & benefits package