Crowne Plaza Location:
Toronto Airport - (YYZCA)Job number:
FRYYZCA2340Share: Apply Click here if you think this job is inappropriate. This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by, an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees
.By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer
. About Us
Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport is a 528 room hotel located at Toronto Pearson Airport strip. Your day to day
Specializing in Afghanistan Cuisine you will produce food items as requested in a timely and effective manner ensuring that quality and presentation are consistent with company standards.
- Responsible for the preparation of breakfast, lunch, patio menu, and special request items.
- Organize and stock fridge and freezer items.
- Maintenance of fryer, replacing oil and cleaning frequently.
- Baking cookies for the evening.
- Report any shortages in food items to the Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef.
- Ensure that the station or areas assigned are properly stocked for the volume of business projected.
- Prepare and produce a quality products within the guidelines set out by the Executive Chef.
- Maintain the kitchen and the kitchen storage rooms in an attractive, sanitary manner according to local health regulations
- Assist supervisor and other staff in the performance of their duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Prior kitchen experience is essential. A diploma in culinary arts would be an asset. Food handling certificate required.
Must have an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal for the proper conveyance of information to other cooks, the Chef, or restaurant personnel.
Must have a flexible schedule to work morning and evening shifts
The Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier free employment.
*Applicants must have a valid Canadian work permit. What we need from you
Previous experience as a Cook 2 What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.