We are looking for a Senior Accountant
to be part of our Ennismore team, based in Home Base New York.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant
will be a vital and collaborative team member who is able to work under strict deadlines and successfully support the financial aspects of our business.
You will work closely with the corporate accounting team and must possess great interpersonal and communication skills. You must be able to interpret legal contracts to determine proper revenue streams and record it in the ledger according to the US GAAP. You need to have a solid understanding of GAAP and can learn quickly, multitask and adapt to changes. Prior hospitality experience highly desirable. What you'll do...
What's in it for you...
- Prepare journal entries for month end close
- Prepare account reconciliations after month end close and as needed
- Coordinate with other departments to record monthly allocations and chargebacks to other business units and properties
- Support the accounts payable function, ensuring invoices are properly coded, approved timely, and posted to the general ledger
- Manage accounts receivable and revenue collection functions, including preparing, distributing, and posting invoices, and following up on outstanding balances
- Prepare and support tasks associated with credit memos, collections, and cash applications
- Assist in preparing account analyses and sub-schedules needed for monthly reporting for submission to headquarters
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and year-end close, including oversight of company-wide consolidation process
- Support with the preparation of the annual financial statements in conjunction with the annual financial statement audit
- Assist the work relating to both internal/external audits or reviews of the company’s financial records
- Facilitate internal management reporting as needed
- Respond to customer and vendor inquiries as needed
- Other ad hoc duties as needed
- Absorb accounting responsibilities of new entities transitioning to the NY accounting team and support with their integration into new ledger and reporting systems
- The opportunity to embark on an exciting career in a company that is taking off!
- Ennismore’s values and fast-growing environment
- The opportunity to be yourself and collaborate with other bright minds in a relaxed, innovative culture
- The opportunity to challenge the norm and work in a rewarding environment, building global brands
- PTO, great healthcare, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Learning opportunities to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make, and thrive at work
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of total accounting work experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with effective organizational skills
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred, but not required
- Prior experience with complex consolidations and intercompany transactions is preferred, but not required
- Must be comfortable working both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and maintaining strong attention to detail
- You work well under pressure, can juggle lots of demands & deadlines and are an expert at prioritizing
- Highly organized and detail orientated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel
- Knowledge of SUN, Hyperion management system/SURF, Smart view is preferred but not required
- You're humble - there are no egos, and no drama
The base pay for this role is from $90,000 to $100,000.
Ennismore is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identification, citizenship or immigration status and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm