Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts offers hospitality professionals an opportunity to pursue a lifelong, rewarding career potentially spanning the globe. Attitude counts as much as skill at Four Seasons, so we hire motivated, highly driven people whom we train to perform to the best of their abilities in an environment that encourages them to flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success for all—including the company—and rewards it in many different ways.
Since re-opening in 2019 after a full renovation, Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens has redefined the luxury hotel market in Greece and the Eastern Mediterranean. Named Greece’s Leading Luxury Hotel in 2022 at the World Travel Awards, this stylish Athens Riviera icon dazzles all who visit with her rich heritage and serene setting overlooking the Aegean Sea.
Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens is looking for an Assistant Director of Rooms
who will be responsible for and required to:
Knowledge and skills:
- Acts as the senior manager in the Rooms Division in the absence of the Director.
- Ensures an upscale guest arrival and departure flow
- Deliver and enable other colleagues to deliver a world class VIP guest experience
- Ensures thorough communication and follow-up on any challenges, guest or employee request or special requirements and hotel initiatives.
- Reviews and monitors schedules of staff. Monitors their activities to assure that staff is being supported and guest needs are being exceeded. Frequently inspects all areas of responsibility.
- Shapes the guest journey and ensures that processes are executed efficiently, effectively and consistently.
- Assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assures that financial goals are being met. Monitors and controls labor expenses, and supplies/equipment expenses. Works closely with Reservations, Sales and the Front Office to maximize rate, occupancy and total revenue.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers.
- Interviews, and trains staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
- Assists the Director of Rooms in forecasting and budgeting of revenues and expenses for all departments in the Rooms Division
- Create career development plans for all employees who are either part of the Talent Pool or High Potentials.
- Proven leadership skills in a hotel/resort environment
- Highest level of integrity and transparency
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills to negotiate for resources and influence stakeholders, to gain commitment to plans, ideas, initiatives, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Require knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment and Microsoft Office and Opera
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Should possess a strategic, analytical mindset and have solid business acumen.
Staff at Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens offer unrivalled service to an interesting and diverse clientele of local and international guests, including many repeaters. The Hotel features 303 keys, seven eclectic food and beverage outlets, plus luxury amenities including private pools, three private beaches, water sports, a tennis academy, and a Hippocrates-inspired spa.
Working at Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens means joining a forward-thinking and fun-loving team who work together to exceed guest expectations.
When employed in Four Seasons Astir Palace, you will enjoy our Employee benefits, which include:
If you meet our requirements, please do not hesitate to submit your application and your CV to this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Employee Meals;
- Uniform & Laundry;
- Bus Transportation to/from Elliniko;
- Monthly Employee Recognition Program;
- Opportunities for Global Travel through Task Forces and Transfers;
- Employee Travel Program (after completing six months with the company, you are eligible for complimentary nights in Four Seasons properties worldwide).