Assistant Engineering ManagerDepartment:
Assistant Director of EngineeringMain Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ability to hire, train, supervise, schedule, motivate, positively discipline and plan the activities of engineering department team members.
- To complete, evaluate and follow-up on employee performance reviews and six month’s progress reports on a timely basis.
- To ensure that effective and concise preventive maintenance schedules are followed.
- To plan and implement procedures, systems and controls to ensure an efficient, timely and pro-active engineering department.
- To communicate maintenance information accurately and effectively to the General Manager, Executive Assistant Manager, Rooms Division Manager and Executive Housekeeper on a daily basis.
- To develop and update comprehensive departmental policies, procedures and manuals.
- To maintain all the fire Life Safety equipment in first class order. Ensure that the fire-life-safety crew has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms, and are trained in Emergency First Response to include CPR.
- To establish good working relationships with contractors whom will furnish reliable 24-hour emergency service.
- To compile a monthly consumption report on heat, light and power to include electricity, gas, steam and water.
- To ensure all engineering team members under the direction of the Director of Engineering are exposed to hotel internal and external training on an on-going basis.
- To ensure effective inter-departmental communication and good relations between the engineering team members and members of fellow departments within the resort.
- To prepare and follow through on any projects as outlined by General Manager, Resort Manager and/or Director of Engineering, Regional Director of Engineering.
- To ensure all public areas are patrolled daily and all lighting is in good order.
- To ensure all engineering team members are in complete uniform and well groomed.
- To ensure timely completion of all assigned responsibilities.
- To develop and maintain an energy conservation program allowing the hotel to meet its annual budget targets.
- To prepare purchase requisitions and work orders as well as liaise efficiently with the Director of Purchasing on such matters.
- To conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels and encourage staff to do the same.
- To maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- To ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- To attend and participate in all required meetings.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by General Manager, Resort Manager and/or Director Of Engineering, Regional Director of Engineering.
- To provide a friendly and professional service that always exceeds guests’ expectations.
- To respond to any changes in the Engineering department function as dictated by the hotel.
- To be available to be cross trained in other areas of the hotel.
- The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- The ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Four Seasons Hotels.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragements as needed.
- To ensure you read the hotel's employee handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, are within the overall scope of the position.
- To report for duty punctually wearing professional attire.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department personal appearance standards.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments through working by The Golden Rule.
- To respond to any changes in the division as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Conduct and attend training sessions as outlined.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Assistant Engineering Manager, Assistant Engineering Director and/or Director of Engineering.
These tasks are not restrictive but indicative, please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.