Join Our Team
Join our dynamic, diverse team at Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler as a Full-Time Seasonal Concierge.
Our work environment pairs a strong commitment to excellent service and authentic experiences with an emphasis on creativity and innovation. We are looking for someone with excitement and dedication in serving our guests. Satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.
Be ready for a warm Canadian experience! At Four Seasons Resort Whistler, we fill guest’s days with exhilarating adventures on Whistler and Blackcomb mountains and Employee days with happiness and thrilling working experience. We aim not only to be the best Resort to stay in Canada but also the greatest place to work! We offer 273 newly refurbished elegant guest rooms and suites; a luxury Spa and top rated restaurants.
Four Seasons Resort Whistler is located at the foot of Blackcomb and Whistler. The resort is a five-minute walk to the ski lifts and a 10-minute stroll to the village center, making it the perfect location for a rustic adventure any time of year.
Our guest rooms are spacious, beautifully re-styled in December, 2019, the refurbished rooms and suites pay close attention to the unique placement of Whistler – a secluded retreat, just an hour and a half away from the international destination of Vancouver.
In December 2020, we completed a property-wide enhancement with the launch of Braidwood Tavern, a craft kitchen and social house conceived in collaboration with celebrated chef and restauranteur Richard Sandoval, along with a re-imagined SIDECUT Steakhouse, both designed by Box Interior Design.
The ideal candidate will have previous concierge experience. The Concierge will respond to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons’ policies. Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and registers hotel guests, explains the accommodations, and establishes credit or method of payment
- Review and conduct daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Works with guests pre arrival and in house to ascertain preferences and provide insightful recommendations.
- Conducts pre arrival process to contact all future guests to arrange services including but not limited to Wine Tastings, Dining Reservations, shipping packages, various Transportation methods, and researching different vendors and service providers.
- Follow up with guest pre-arrival, within a time of response no longer than 72hrs.
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
- Maintains permanent communication with guest through our messenger app, with immediate response, and a proper closure of interaction.
- Resolves customer complaints; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone, following our Brand standards.
- Ability to answer guest calls and direct the guest appropriately in the absence of a Communication Operator.
- Assure that concierge desk collateral and information for restaurants, museums, attractions, maps, and other local attractions are updated and current.
- Great knowledge to activities that available in the city (theatre, sports, concerts, shows, special exhibits, sightseeing) and establishes close contacts with vendors in these areas in order to provide information, ticketing, and reservations for guests
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Concierge Manager and Front Desk Manager
- Preferred experience in a luxury hotel in Front Office and/or Concierge or Guest Services
- Previous experience with Opera PMS preferred.
- Ability to quickly and positively establish rapport is required
- Knowledge of Whistler and surrounding areas, highly desirable, however not required.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume and demanding environment.
- Current Four Seasons employees, bilingual candidates and those with prior experience in a luxury hotel/environment will receive priority consideration.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and oral are required
- Excellent commitment to service and teamwork.
- Ability to obtain a clean criminal record check
- As our hotel is open 24/7, 365 days a year, we expect our Concierge to be flexible in working mornings, evenings, weekends, overnights and holidays.
- Great attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- On the job training is provided
- Ability to work in Canada
- Clean driving record
Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.
About Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service.
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
What’s in it for you
Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
Access to affordable shared staff
Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room,
Retirement plan with employer contribution;
Paid time off; vacation days and additional floating holidays per year;
Excellent training and development program;
Discovery Nights at Four Seasons worldwide.
Learn more about what it’s like to work for Four Seasons:
Learn more about Four Seasons Whistler on Social Media:
We look forward to receiving your application!
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.